mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
When I am talking to people on mIRC through a private message window, sometimes I get annoyed when I respond and it says something like "no such nick/channel". It would be pretty useful if it tells you in the window that someone has changed their nick or has disconnected

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A changed nick should not affect a PM unless you're not in any common channels when the nick is changed. And if you're not in any common channels, there is no reason the server would tell you that the nick was changed, so mIRC can't display that for you.

As far as disconnecting... having it check all open PMs when someone disconnects from a channel you're in would not be a bad thing. But if they aren't in any common channels and they disconnect, then just like above, mIRC can't tell you they disconnected until you try to send a message.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
B
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
ah i understand now. that clears some things up for me

Babel fish
Babel fish
This will echo into pm the window, if youre on a common channel with a nickname, and they quit.

Code:

on ^*:QUIT:{
    if ($window($nick) == $nick) echo $nick This user has quit IRC.
}

Scripto ---- Life is about the relationships. The correct code being: $replace($them,$you,$me)
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
You could write a script to utilize the notify/watch feature in order to know when a user you have a pm with quits or changes nicks (although the notice from the server wont tell you which, or the new nick in the latter case)

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby

Link Copied to Clipboard