Print Thread
#170367 07/02/07 06:15 PM
H
hixxy Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
H
I think mIRC would benefit with some kind of simple configuration system for scripts. Something like /savesetting <settingtopic> <settingitem> <settingdata> that would save a setting for the current script, and $getsetting(<settingtopic>,<settingitem>) to retrieve it. When mIRC exits, it would save it to a folder similar to the Application Data\ folder in windows. All data will be local to the script itself, rather than available to all scripts, which will make it easier to write scripts that are modular.

I know this can all be scripted, but something like this would make scripts more consistent and it will be much easier to remove them completely when you no longer want them.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I like the idea, but i would personally prefer them to be saved under the mirc dir structure somewhere rather than application data or similar (multiple client conflictions, -portable limitations, etc) so perhaps an option to define the location.

Also, are there any other alternatives than using a ini method, to avoid the same limitations with $readini and /writeini etc?

Last edited by Om3n; 08/02/07 12:43 AM.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
H
hixxy Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
H
I said 'similar to' application data - what I meant was something like <mirc directory>\ScriptData\Script.ini

Link Copied to Clipboard