mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
I
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
I
hi ,
ever since i use 6.21 i get problems with other aplications.

if mirc is running more than 5 hours ( maybe a longer ) and i try to start up smart ftp or listen to internet radio with wmp , those aplications wont word.
if i close mirc and restart mirc i have no problems with other aplications till mirc has run for a long period again.

i never had those problems with the 6.1.... versions

K
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
K
This problem doesn't occur to me
$uptime(mIRC,2) = 6days 5hrs 34mins
Winamp works, and anything else that's supposed to work is working as intended.

Those who can, cannot. Those who cannot, can.
I
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
I
-dss-plus.org- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
-dss-plus.org- *** Checking ident...
-
-dss-plus.org- *** No ident response; username prefixed with ~
-
-dss-plus.org- *** Couldn't resolve your hostname; using your IP address instead
-
-dss-plus.org- *** If you are having problems connecting due to ping timeouts, please type /quote pong 892340B or /raw pong 892340B now.
-
Welcome to the dssplusnet IRC Network prissygal!~jenna@70.130.216.62
Your host is dss-plus.org, running version Unreal3.2.2b
This server was created Sat Jan 15 18:37:22 2005
dss-plus.org Unreal3.2.2b iowghraAsORTVSxNCWqBzvdHtGp lvhopsmntikrRcaqOALQbSeKVfMGCuzNT
CMDS=KNOCK,MAP,DCCALLOW,USERIP SAFELIST HCN MAXCHANNELS=10 CHANLIMIT=#:10 MAXLIST=b:60,e:60 NICKLEN=30 CHANNELLEN=32 TOPICLEN=307 KICKLEN=307 AWAYLEN=307 MAXTARGETS=20 WALLCHOPS are supported by this server
WATCH=128 SILENCE=15 MODES=12 CHANTYPES=# PREFIX=(qaohv)~&@%+ CHANMODES=be,kfL,l,psmntirRcOAQKVGCuzNSMT NETWORK=dssplusnet CASEMAPPING=ascii EXTBAN=~,cqnr ELIST=MNUCT STATUSMSG=~&@%+ EXCEPTS are supported by this server
-
There are 15 users and 34 invisible on 2 servers
9 operator(s) online
7 channels formed
-
dss-plus.org dss-plus.org 255 prissygal I have 33 clients and 1 servers
-
Current Local Users: 33 Max: 49
Current Global Users: 49 Max: 59
-
Message of the Day, dss-plus.org
-
- 9/12/2006 9:08
- #######################MOTD##############################
-
- Welcome To DSS-PLUS.org
- Have A Great Day!
- Remember Treat People As You Would Like To Be Treated.
-* prissygal sets mode: +iwx
-
-Global- [Logon News - May 17 2006] &&"enter log on news"
-
-NickServ- This nickname is registered and protected. If it is your
-
-NickServ- nick, type /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password. Otherwise,
-
-NickServ- please choose a different nick. this is all i get at 5 servers I can not get in and I am not banned i know there is a problem i have deleted mirc and reloaded Can someone please help me

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I also can not duplicate this problem, and my current uptime shows as 21 days 14hrs 27mins.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Hijacking threads is the process of posting your own questions on an existing thread when your questions are unrelated. Please do not do that as it confuses the issues.

As per the end of your paste, the nick you chose is protected. Choose another nick. Just type /nick newnick (replace newnick with some other nick). Then join some channels as you are already connected. If you registered the nick, then you need to identify to it. As the paste you showed says, to indentify to your nick, use: /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password (replace password with your password).

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
1) This has nothing to do with the original topic.
2) This has nothing to do with mIRC.
3) This is a services problem, and it tells you quite clearly that the nick you're trying to use on that network has been registered by someone, and if you are the person that registered it, then you need to identify to the nickserv service with the password
Quote:
-NickServ- This nickname is registered and protected. If it is your
-
-NickServ- nick, type /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password. Otherwise,
-
-NickServ- please choose a different nick.

If you have forgotten your password, then some networks have the ability to e-mail you your password. If you did register the nick, and nickserv doesn't have the ability to e-mail you the password, then you'll need to contact an IRCop or Admin, who can usually be found in the networks help channel (normally #help).

If you didn't register that nick, then you'll have to pick another one.

I
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
I
i get this problem every day

I
I
am sorry was my 1st post

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Are you using P2P by any chance? I remember problems with certain P2P program and mIRC running at the same time years back and it may still be an issue. In any case, it's something that is running on your computer because my computer is connected 24/7 and I never have problems with mIRC running.

If you want, you can display all of the processes listed in the Processes tab of your Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring it up).

Invision Support
S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
Hi,
I have a strange problem with Mirc, XP and remote desktop. Maybe it would help shed light on the 10053 problem for me to describe it...

I have 3 PCs, 2 laptops and a desktop.

The desktop PC runs XP and Mirc and connects to some random irc server.

The laptops runs a remote desktop /client/. One of the laptops runs win98 and the other XP.

If I pull out the wireless card on the /laptop/ (either one) it causes the MIRC connection to drop (10053)!! Remember, the desktop, not the laptop is running mirc.

I can't see why this should happen. If I run say a telnet session using some terminal emulator on the desktop pc to some random host then that doesn't drop when I pull out the card ont he laptop, so I don't think it's a problem with the desktop PC...

If I pull out the laptop card while I'm not connected to the desktop via remote desktop it doesn't cause Mirc to drop.

If I log out of remote desktop, likewise, it doesn't cause the mirc connection to drop.

The wireless access point on my network is physically separate from the router (default gateway) and I don't think it's anything to do with the network.

Like I say, maybe this would help shed light on the 10053 issue.

Regards.

J
Jae Offline
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
Originally Posted By: ik000ike
hi ,

if mirc is running more than 5 hours ( maybe a longer ) ..

i seem to find that with dll's loaded or if i have a slowly growing hash file that after an uptime of about 2 months other applications seem to stop working the same and either not load or open improperly and sometimes things run a little slow/strangely

in fact about an hour ago mirc had been doing that for a week (uptime around 7-8 weeks) and before crashing miserably when all i did was the /links command.

i should note that i have 1.5gb of ram so to me it seems to be just a simple memory related issue

good lucky working out whats up

cheers

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That could simply be a poorly designed DLL as well. smile

Invision Support
W
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
W
Originally Posted By: ik000ike
hi ,

if mirc is running more than 5 hours ...

You know.. this sounds familar. Though, i dont think it has to do with mirc. Or now that i think about it.. it might. While running winamp, if i listen to streaming music for long periods of time, the lan connection speed eventually dies to a few kbyte/s. I have no idea why this happens.. but it started when i upgraded to 6.21 (around the same time that winamp update came out as well, mind you)

Possibly a combination of mirc and winamp? Though, looking at what they access.. the tcp/ip stack.. i might take a good guess its something to relate with how both uses it.

Though, i have no problems running any program.. its just network speed that is affected.

I'll post system stats if they are wanted.

Link Copied to Clipboard