Print Thread
#168275 06/01/07 04:44 AM
G
gsmith Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
G
I have a linksis wireless router wrtg54g V.6 and i cant find directions to port foward this router. does anyone know how to from experiance or know where i can find this any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

U
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
U
Try this click here

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
But note this error in the instructions. The port range for mIRC and for the router must be the same.

Sais
S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
I have a different modem but am also dealing with a port forwarding mess. In the section for my modem it said that the irc and forwarded ports had to match, but I was wondering if they had to be 1024-5000 or 10051-10070, or can you put any #'s in there or what? I don't really know much about forwarding, but in the connect options for IRC it says 6667 for default port, so would you have to change that as well?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You do not need to forward the connection ports (6667, etc). You will need to forward the same ports in the router as what you have set up in mIRC's options. You can change the default 1024-5000 range to anything you'd like (within appropriate port numbers, of course). Usually, a range of 10 ports is plenty.

Alt-O > Connect > Options > Advanced -- Set up your ports that you'd like to use for DCC (chat/send), then forward those same ports in your router. You'll probably also want to forward port 113 for identd. All should be TCP ports (not UDP). http://www.portforward.com/ has all of this for you with pictures and everything if you'd like to get a step-by-step look at doing it on your particular router.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
Damn portforward.com, I found my router on there but they only had the 1.1 version, not 2.1 or whatever I have, so the screens were slightly different. Maybe my problem is general enough that someone will be able to help though. I think the only thing I'm unsure on is what to put in the application box for what to forward. Portforward said to put "mIRCIRCDCC1" in the application box, but that's too many letters, I can only fit "mircirc" in there. So anyone know what I'm supposed to put in the application box?

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
doesnt matter what you put in the description box that is for your own benefit in knowing what that port is open to

Happy mIRC user on Linux

Link Copied to Clipboard