mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
I'm having trouble with the Notify. I can't seem to select a .wav file for when someone on my notify list comes on. When I click on the area to select the file, I choose the file I want and then it shows up as blank (as compared to saying No Sound, Event Beep, etc). I try to play the sound but there's nothing selected to play. I should also note it doesn't work in the Sounds menu either. I know I had it working previously, but this was many versions ago and I've changed my hardware configuration since then. I had done a search about sounds not working, but it plays when I use the /splay command.

Also, the notify is inconsistent. Sometimes it works, most often not. I can be in a channel with someone on my notify list and see them quit, but notify doesn't tell me. I'm not sure if it could possibly be something with the server I'm on, but I haven't had much opportunity to test that theory (if it's even applicable).

Using mIRC 6.21 on Windows XP Pro.

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
OK, I tested. Seems to work as I expect it to:

I go to alt-b, select the [Notify] tab, ensure that [x] Enabled is checked, then [Add] a new notify or [Edit] an existing one...

At first the Sounds:Online button is blank. I click on it and get a browse window. I select a sound file, and press [Open]. The filename now appears on the button (1) If I now press the [>] (play) button, I hear the sound. Select 'OK'.

I connect to a server (/server <server_name>).

If I now do:

/server -m <server_name> -i <nick_on_notify_list>
(e.g. /server -m irc.undernet.org -i TestNick )

I hear the sound play when I connect(2), and see "* TestNick is on IRC" in my status window(3).

(1), (2), and (3) are the points you say you are not getting, or not always getting. Can you confirm that you are doing everything I am?

That your /splay works implies that alt-o Sounds [x] Enable Sounds is checked. (Can you confirm?)

Are you running any scripts - especially any that have on NOTIFY event handlers? Do you get the same behaviour with /!remote off ?

Sais
S
OP Offline
S
I tried even going back to a previous version I had used (6.14) and it still won't let me select a sound file. I'm not sure what the problem is. It's been about 3 years or so since I've had the notify setup to play a sound.

Yes sounds are enabled, and I'm running several scripts but none have the NOTIFY handler.

As for the inconsistency of the notify, I think it does have something to do with this specific server I'm on (it's a small private server). It works just fine on Rizon, I was able to play around and test that.

Link Copied to Clipboard