Print Thread
#168649 11/01/07 08:54 PM
J
Joshee Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
Im sorry that this is going to be a big waste of time to alot of people, but ive tried reading internet guides and i would like to know the real basics of scripting a bot/ scripting a bot into your name.

i know nothing.. obviously i have Mirc but i dont know how to use the script editor really, so if you have some spare time could you help me out?

message me here or if u catch me online mirc i go by the name joshee so message me? also in #joshee for occasions like this smile

after looking at help and some feedback i know what i need:
i need a dice script which works for me? tried a few but they didnt work:S
need a calculater script for ! (just me to view) and @ (everyone)
also need a auto half and atuo op with commands /ahop and /aop please?

thanks in advance

Last edited by Joshee; 11/01/07 11:47 PM.

Look ^here^ to see a scripting noob smile
K
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
K
/help is your best friend, thats how i got started scripting. If you have any problems, you can post here and someone will try to help you smile

Those who can, cannot. Those who cannot, can.
J
Joshee Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
k well i will have a look but also need help here because im a complete dunce

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If we knew what exactly you needed help with, we could help easily. Most of us probably aren't going to sit down and teach a full course on mIRC scripting, so you should first figure out what you need help with and then get help with that specific thing. (Granted, I'd love to have a job teaching mIRC scripting. laugh )

You can find me in the channel listed in my signature, but I'm not always at my computer (or I'm gaming), so you can just PM me there and idle for awhile and when I'm around, I can help. Again, with something specific.

If you just want to learn how to script and don't have anything specific in mind right now, then I suggest downloading a few small scripts and use /help to try and figure out what each part does. Start with working with on TEXT events and /msg and see what you can get to work with that. Once you're beyond that, you can look into some other events and some other commands.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
J
Joshee Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
kk edited the first post with stuff i need smile if you could help id be very gratefull.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, there are is a thread about dice scripts right on the first page of this forum that you can look at. It has a few different scripts that you could try out.

I assume that the ! for only you would mean that only you see it and that it's done from the bot? If so, you can do it from the bot with the same command as others can do from the channel (!calc). You don't need to use both !calc and @calc.

Note that this has no error checking to make sure people use correct mathematical formatting.
Code:
on *:text:!calc *:#yourchannel: {
  msg $chan $2- = $calc($2-)
}

on *:input:*: {
  if ($1 == !calc) {
    echo -a $2- = $calc($2-)
  }
}

I don't have time to set up the auto-hop/op scripts, but you can look at:

/help /auser

That should help you out.