mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
I just started using mIRC 6.21 after using 6.12 for so long. I understand that the logging scheme changed to have the .1.log format, but I have a different issue. My logs path is set to c:\Program Files\mIRC\logs, and my logs do go there, except for my logs of any channels on the IRC network Heavenlyplace (which shows up as Heavenly due to an error in it's 005 string, but that's not important). All the Heavenlyplace logs end up in the root mIRC folder instead. I can see no reason for this and no explanation as to why, but it is only logs for that network ending up in the wrong spot.

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Just thought I'd bring up that it's only my channel logs, not PM or status logs, for Heavenlyplace that end up in the root mIRC folder instead of the logs folder. Also, I did have a few days of logs end up in the logs folder where they should go, but most of the Heavenlyplace channel logs are still going to the wrong place.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
In a previous post we narrowed it down to the fact that older versions of mIRC were in some situations storing the [logging] section without the full path information. The new mIRC fixes this problem, however it can't correct the incorrect paths in your old [logging] section.

If you turn off logging for those channels and then turn it on again, the [logging] section should be updated with the correct path and should be logging to the correct folder from then on.

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Yeah, that seemed to fix it. I think it's not so much that I was using an old mirc.ini, because I actually wasn't, but I did copy the [logging] from an old mirc.ini. Next time I'll be sure to double-check that.

Link Copied to Clipboard