mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
R
I'm running mIRC 6.21 on Windows 2000 Server SP4.

I get two log files for every channel. One is "#channel.1.log" (minus quotations of course) and the other is "#channel.log" The one labeled "#channel.1.log" is usually the channel log for that day, while the "#channel.log" is all the previous log data. I couldn't seem to find the option to disable this (or enable it for that matter).

The options i have set for logging are as follows:
* Automatically log: BOTH.
* Reload logs: BOTH
* Lock Files: OFF
* Line Colors: OFF
* Trim Log Files: OFF
* Include Network: ON [Make Folder: ON]
* Timestamp Logs: [HH:nn:ss]
* Date Filename: OFF
* Strip Codes: ON

I was hoping someone here would understand why it is doing this as it is interfering with my automatic processing of these log files. Thanks alot for any help. =)

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This is the new format for log files. What you're seeing is a temporary log file, which will be appended to the proper log file #channel.log at the end of the day, or when you leave that channel.

This is not a switchable option.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you search the forum for .1.log, you'll find other discussions about this if you want more information on it. I think we're all hoping this because optional in the next release.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks very much for all your help.

R
OP Offline
R
However, when I search the forum for .1.log I don't get any results. I'm searching all forums & both title & body. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. If anyone could point me to the pertinent threads that would be helpful too.

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S

Sais
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'm sorry. I assumed the search engine would accept that as a valid search without testing it.

Invision Support
R
OP Offline
R
No worries. I try to look things up myself rather than have people point them out to me, but I when it doesn't work I ask. smile

Thanks for all your help, it is really appreciated. Now what to do about how this changes my processing script... I'm sure there's a workaround I'll find.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, I'm not sure what your "processing" does, but you can just load the .log first, then load the .1.log next. For most things, that's all you need to do. Of course, if you crash and it doesn't merge .1.log into .log, then you could have .2.log, .3.log, etc.

Invision Support

Link Copied to Clipboard