Print Thread
#168259 06/01/07 01:33 AM
G
Gremel Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
G
Is there a script that will look at the ip address of anyone who joins a channel, and assign that ip address to a nick?

I'll try to explain a little better.

In a channel I am in, a lot of people come in using random nicks. ie) TheCloaked and stuff like that. What I want, is to be able to simple, perhaps by right clicking on name, select an option that will echo back to me who that IP belongs to. If at all possible, if the ip has a registered nick that it has used, return those nicks only. If not, then return all the nicks that that ip has used. So if TheCloaked entered the channel and I right clicked on him and selected the option, it would tell me that the person has also been known by the nick Clurion. Or if Clurion isn't a registered nick, then by all the nicks that IP address has used, so I can figure out who they are more easily.

Also, a feature, if possible, would be the ability to select a nick from the list and generate a welcome message to say witin the channel. So when I right click on TheCloak, and it gives me a list of names, I can select Clurion and then it says something like "Hello Clurion, how are you?"

Gremel #168289 06/01/07 12:54 PM
Y
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Y
Originally Posted By: Gremel

Also, a feature, if possible, would be the ability to select a nick from the list and generate a welcome message to say witin the channel. So when I right click on TheCloak, and it gives me a list of names, I can select Clurion and then it says something like "Hello Clurion, how are you?"

I dont know about the first part of your request.. but the second part is very easy:

press alt+r, go to "Popups" tab, from "View" (above) select: "nick list".

there at the bottom add the following:
Code:
-
hello:/say Hello $$1, how are you?

you can add/modify the text as you wish.

Last edited by yetti; 06/01/07 12:57 PM.
yetti #168323 07/01/07 07:09 AM
G
Gremel Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
G
Thanks about that, didn't even realize that section was there to script. That opens new doors now.

But still if anyone knows a solution to the first question I would greatly appreciate it.

Gremel #168325 07/01/07 07:36 AM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Dont know if this is what you looking for:
Code:
on *:JOIN:#: {
  ; Track down nick. Change nick to
  ; nick you want to track.
  if ($nick == nick) { dns $nick }
  ; Track from userlevel, look at menu nicklist.
  if ($ulevel == 9) { dns $nick }
}

on *:dns: {
  if ($raddress = $null) {
    set %trackerinfo Could not resolve: $iaddress $+ .
    set %trackerinfo2 Tracker halted
    set %trackerinfo Could not resolve: $iaddress $+ . | unset %trackchan | unset %tracknick | .timer 1 1 trackwrite
  } 
  else { 
    if ($naddress != $null) { 
      set %dns.addy *!*@* $+ $naddress 
      if ($ial(%dns.addy,1).nick = $null) { set %trackerinfo Could not track: *! $+ $naddress to a nick. | unset %trackchan | unset %tracknick | unset %trackerinfo3 | unset %trackchannels | halt } 
      set %trackerinfo Tracked: *!@ $+ $naddress | set %tracknick Down to Nick: | set %trackchan On channel(s): | set %trackerinfo3 $ial(%dns.addy,1).nick
      .whois $ial(%dns.addy,1).nick
      .timer 1 1 trackwrite
    } 
  }
}

raw 319:*: set %trackchannels $3-
alias trackwrite {
  if (%tracknick != $null) {
    echo -a  Tracked %trackerinfo3
    echo -a  Date/Time: $fulldate
    echo -a  Host %trackerinfo %trackerinfo2
    echo -a  On channels:
    echo -a  %trackchannels
  }
}
menu nicklist {
  -
  Tracker
  .Add to Tracker:{ guser 9 $1 2 }
  .Remove from Tracker:{ ruser 9 $1 2 }
}

This goes to your remote. Alt + R and paste it there. make shure you dosent have any on join event or any on dns event in the same file, and that userlevel 9 arent used for anything else.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }

Link Copied to Clipboard