#168043 03/01/07 04:36 AM
B
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
B
Hi there folks.

May i wish all a very happy new year. smile

Right now thats out of the way i have a question.

This is a long shot but i am enquiring about command.

Is it possible to send a command to chanserv to protect a channel. for example, say that my channel was left with no ops in it and someone were to join, they would be given ops status, is there a way i can stop this from happening so that only SOP's and AOP's are given ops status if no ops are about ?

Thanks in advance smile

Never ASSUME!!!

As it often makes and ASS out of U and ME!!
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
The purpose of ChanServ is to keep channels 'safe' while none of the members are online. You should just have to register your channel. ChanServ should join as an op, preventing others from getting op'd when they join.

-genius_at_work

B
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
B
the channel is registered, just wondered if anyone could enter if no ops about and take ops.
and if the above is possible if there was a chanserv command to stop this smile

Never ASSUME!!!

As it often makes and ASS out of U and ME!!
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This is done automatically by chanserv. If someone tries to give themselves ops in a chanserv registered channel, they'll get ops for about 0.5 seconds (maybe) before chanserv overrides the ops setting and removes their ops.
On some networks, chanserv doesn't show in the channel, even though it is checking and monitoring the channel, so don't worry if you don't see chanserv actually in the channel.

Babel fish
Babel fish
The ircd I chat on de-ops a regular user on entry to a registered channel when the channel is empty. If it doesn't, most ircd's that I have seen (recent versions) support the command 'SECUREOPS' that is under the help section for the command 'SET', in the ChanServ help directory.

If a user joins who is not on the access list, or otherwise opped, ChanServ will de-op them.

Code:
 /msg ChanServ SET channel SECUREOPS ON (or OFF) 

Try msg ChanServ Help SET for a list of commands to SET, as well as syntax's needed to apply the commands. A msg ChanServ help SET 'command' will show help for a specific command. See what you get. There are other options regarding what you are referring to such as SECURE, and RESTRICTED that fall along those lines too. I think RESTRICTED kicks and bans, or has something to do with identifying with NickServ before entry. The command LEAVEOPS will allow a channel op "take"... leaving op's open for the first join. Sounds like thats what youre trying to avoid though.

Maybe that'll help
Good luck

Scripto ---- Life is about the relationships. The correct code being: $replace($them,$you,$me)

Link Copied to Clipboard