Print Thread
#167436 24/12/06 07:59 AM
F
FaiNT Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
F
1st off, dont post if u dont read the whole post.

yes, i know this has been asked about before,but khaled has yet to comment on it, so i have yet to care.

pre-post note: dont tell me to use .shortfn, i cant in the script i am using, dont link to or tell me about other threads for this unless they found a workaround i didn't see, dont tell me to use com unless ur gonna link me to a(or post it here) step-by-step guide on doing it and still getting the fname in a %var with the spaces, dont post if u dont read the whole post.

ok, i have a p2p program, and i noticed it had left some old files in the Incomplete dir, so i was writeing a script to write a batch file to del said files, (by checking if the fname $+ .sd file with hash info was there) and got some errors for files with consecutive spaces.

seeing as how this is a issue since the start of mirc scripts, i want to know why nothing has been done to fix it, u cant use consecutive spaces anywhere in mirc, not in /echo, not in $dll, not in /set, not in $replace, its not limited to $1- even a command to fix consecutive spaces for that script.

ps, i know the pre-post is kinda rude, but i see alot of the same thing on this forum, ppl give alternatives that almost never work for what the person wants the script to do, so i wantted to save ppl some time

known on irc as MrStonedOne
read my full post before replying or dont reply. tl;dr isn't allowed here
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I could try and explain spaces in mIRC but its already done superbly by Sat (Saturn)
Part 1
Part 2

$maybe
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I assume your mirc code is finding the incompletes and attempting to write to a batch file that will later delete (or do whatever) to those files.

I know the whole subject has long been discussed, far too much infact, so ill just suggest an alternative... try doing it all in a batch script.

Command prompts (and batch scripts) are far more powerful and useful that most people are aware of. In the simplest form, make the batch file that finds the files in question, does the checks required (if there are certain things such as crc that it cant handle then have it write to a temp file first, and have mirc signaled to check that file, do the tests, and remove the lines from the temp file... anyway...), writes said actions to the second dynamic batch file then runs it.

All you'd really need in mirc would be an alias to call the first batch file.

Since your already using batch files and the whole purpose is to perform an action that has nothing to do with irc or mirc, i dont see this 'alternate method' suggestion as being a cop out.

Hell if you post the code and explanation of the format/files that its finding/checking maybe it IS even possible to do in mirc without loosing the spaces.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
C
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
C
the quick and dirty way is to use spaces between bold characters. this is a simple great quick and dirty trick.

for some reason the bold character from mIRC is fucking up this window, but use two bold characters(control-b) with a space between them to make a space. use as many as you want it works with echo try it, just make sure you have an EVEN about of bold characters

edit: I don't even know what you'd need multiple spaces for other than formating.

edit try this:
Code:
//echo -a this is normal text

//echo -a $chr(2) $+ $chr(2) this is a single space

//echo -a $chr(2) $chr(2) this is two spaces

//echo -a $chr(2) $chr(2) $chr(2) $+ $chr(2) This is three spaces.

etc, just make sure the bold chars, $chr(2) are paired in twos, otherwise the text will be bold.

Last edited by CakerX; 02/01/07 06:50 PM.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well, did you read the first post? He's talking about filenames, this isn't a display issue.

* cold edits his posts 24/7
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Well, if the original poster would care to elaborate, they may get some more specific help on making it all work. But by now im guessing they found an alternate way, did it themself already or just gave up.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby

Link Copied to Clipboard