mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
T
I have tried for weeks no to get any version greater then 6.0 to run as a windows service. Has anyone had any luck getting a newer version of mirc running as a service? I am currently running Windows Server 2k3 and Fire Daemon as the service creator.

Thanks!

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Hi, yup, just tried it right now, mIRC V6.21 running as a service

On Windows XP Pro, using a nice little program called "Daphne" http://www.drk.com.ar/daphne.php
Sorry no screenshots, as not much software installed on my "New" PC, esp screengrabber software, but believe me it does work.

Unsure if this would run under Windows Server 2k3
(If it does im srry, just finished NightShift n been awake for bout 17+ hours, so mind not with it and slpeepy) tired

ShadowDemon
mIRC V6.21

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience
T
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
T
uh, dont know if this'd help much, but if you want mIRC to start when you run Windows, there should be a folder in your 'all programs' list called 'Startup' (likely hidden!) .. anything in this folder will run when Windows is started up. Note that your version of Windows may not have the startup folder, i have no clue ... but you can certainly check. And if you want mIRC to auto-connect-on-startup, theres an option for that in the options dialog inside mIRC. You could also use a remote script to do this for you. Hope i've helped smile

-tyler-
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
First of all, the startup folder isn't hidden. Second, that will NOT start it as a service, which is what he wants to do. He was already given a way to start it as a service.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard