mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
FaiNT Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
F
the nicklist color dialog's list should be set to the background of the nicklist box, set in ^c. so seeing how it would look would still work with ppl with black bg, etc...

known on irc as MrStonedOne
read my full post before replying or dont reply. tl;dr isn't allowed here
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
While I can see your point, personally I like being able to set the colour of a nick to be the same as the background. I use this setting (although I might be the only one), to make idle users "invisible" in the nicklist. (or at least, presuming I'm understanding your suggestion correctly, which is, to say, that the colour of a nick be shown against the background, so that if someone was using a black background, a nick coloured black would show up as a different colour).

I hope that makes more sense than it does to me now, re-reading it. LOL

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
He means that in the address book, instead of the background always being white, it will match your background color so that you know how the colors will look on the background that you are using.

The question I have is... do you use the background color so you see how it looks in the channel/query window? Or do you use the nicklist background color so you see how it looks in the nicklist window? Granted most people probably have them both set to the same color, but what if they don't? Which is more important?

Maybe just have the option to switch the background color between all available colors so that you can see how it looks on multiple backgrounds.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
A sort of "preview" option?

Sais
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Basically, yeah. Within the address book where you see the color settings for nicks.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard