mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
That doesnt proof it has to go trough EACH file EACH time.
In fact we already know it doesnt go trough the files at all but trough the cached "mirrors". But even then it doesnt have to mean it reads the whole cache each time it could also map events/aliases in cache to its internal events routine thats what i was saying we dont know what mIRC does there internally.

$maybe
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
What Kardafol is saying is that it's unlikely that mIRC would use the "stop at the first matching event per file" method if it implemented some kind of internal event lookup mechanism because there'd be no benefit to that kind of shortcut since events would be file/location transparent. It doesn't prove it, but it logically suggests that to be the case.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: Kardafol
I would think that mIRC goes through the file each time, since if you have two events with the same matches (IE 2x 'on *:text:*:#: {'), only the first one will trigger.

That would be parsing that can happen at any time. smile

Anyhow, keep in mind that Aliases are listed in the View menu. So, at least with those, mIRC knows what they are and where they are as soon as they are loaded. I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true for all other events because it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I don't agree. All this tells me is that WHEN mIRC goes through the file to log all events, it only allows one event per file. Of course I am not Khaled, (would be nice if he wouldn't mind saying a word here), but I would think that running through every line of my script on every single event would be a bit much!!

Quote:
This is what Im thinking as how it would log, like an address book:
script1.mrc
join line 43
text:hi line 66
text:bye line 67
text line 69

script2.mrc
mode line 4
raw 352 line 32
raw 311 line 40

(etc. etc.)

Aliases:
alias1 script4.mrc line 45
alias2 alias.ini line 32
alias3 script2.mrc line 56

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Exactly. Good example. laugh

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Originally Posted By: starbucks_mafia
What Kardafol is saying is that it's unlikely that mIRC would use the "stop at the first matching event per file" method ..

Thats like the opposite from what i gathered from:
Originally Posted By: Kardafol

I would think that mIRC goes through the file each time, since if you have two events with the same matches (IE 2x 'on *:text:*:#: {'), only the first one will trigger.

which is atleast 50% untrue since mIRC doesn't use files to begin with :P All im saying is we dont know if it uses the "stop at the first matching event in the cache " or that it parses the files while caching and mapping internal pointers to its cache.

$maybe
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard