Print Thread
K
kelly25 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
Filtering Messages via list of keywords & flooding
or can set some security features in order for users to avoid from being kicked or banned in a channel accidentally or intentionally.

ex.
using of foul words
flooding the channel
advertising
etc.

this is important in an oraganization/establishment such as internet cafes. specially when they use only one (1) Internet IP for all the stations/PC. with this settings the ip will less likely to be banned.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Until this gets implemented, presuming that it does, there are lots of scripts already written for mIRC that handle some or all of the items listed (and items not listed.)

Sites include Hawkee, mIRC Scripts, and many others which are linked to those.

K
kelly25 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
i mean filtering the outgoing messages.

ex. filtered words will not be sent to the channel if you type it and pressed enter it will just disappear or something like that.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
This is very easily scripted, in its simplest form you can just use ON INPUT and $replace to swap the words you dont want for something like -censored- (or just remove them, but what you say might make a little less sense depending on how much is removed)

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
K
kelly25 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
ok i got it

on 1:INPUT:#:if (filtedword isin $1- ) { /echo 9,1 *** Foul words are not permited ***  | halt }

what if i had many words or list of words is their a way to retrieve it in a file or i'll just type all the keywords to be filtered instead of using 1 ON INPUT per word? thank you very much.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
You could use a file or hash table to match against, depends on how many 'bad' words you have i guess.

Regex is good also, and allows for more specific and inteligent matching if you are familiar with regular expression (some very easy to follow guides can be found on google), something like...
Code:
on 1:INPUT:#: {
  var %re = /word1|word2|word3/S
  if {$regex($1-, %re)} {
    /echo 9,1 *** Foul words are not permited *** 
    halt
  }
}

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
K
kelly25 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
thank you.!!

Link Copied to Clipboard