Print Thread
#16633 23/03/03 11:03 PM
J
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
J
A Few Good Coders Wanted
I am in the process of building an online chat network. This network is not like any other network that has been established so far. I have several ideas that I would like to have incorporated in the coding of the chat server's IRCd, however no other IRCd has what I am looking for.

As I do not have the knowledge, or skills, to create an IRCd and Chat Services of my own, I was led here to find good souls who are willing to do what they love to do, and that is to code.

If anyone is interested in helping me make my dreams come true, and building an IRCd (or even update an already existing IRCd) and/or IRC services, please contact me through Private Message or by sending me an e-mail. I work well with others, and am very professional, yet flexible. It is my goal and intention to establish and maintain this online network, allowing it to expand into a well established and well respected online community in good time. Please consider assisting me with this worthwhile cause.

If anyone is interested, please respond here,and I will Privately Message you with my e-mail address.

Thank you for your time,

JamesBond grin

Of course constructive criticism and questions is also welcome. However, it is my hope that at least a few of you would like to get in on the ground level of this new chat network and help it to take off.

JamesBond
#16634 24/03/03 12:18 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Not to ruin your idea or anything, but do you realize that such coding tasks are very time consuming and not very easy? Meaning, it is doubtful you'll be able to find a coder that would do it for free or even in exchange for an O:line. And your average rent-a-coder isn't cheap, anywhere from $50 to $100/hour, sometimes more. I know that I personally would never sign on to such a job.

#16635 24/03/03 12:32 AM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
well especially since his dream come true could involve a complete rewrite of any ircd out there from the ground up just to make his dream come true ....... or it could be a simple one line code change and hed be a happy camper ........ two extremes but hey how can one say yes to another man imagination ..... when no two ppl share the same imagination

D3m0nnet.com
#16636 28/03/03 03:52 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Although codemaster is right, there are a few ppl that might be interested. I mean, people whom are in th eprogramming field as a rookie, and would like the experience to put on thier resúme. Anyways, what does it hurt to ask? confused

-KingTomato
#16637 28/03/03 10:33 PM
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
May I have three kilos of helpers/coders please? :P lol

#16638 29/03/03 12:19 AM
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
Funchatter: do you want 'em in a bag?

I don't see why someone would post such an offer, as ridiculous as it may sound, on a *keyword alert* miRC scripting forum..

- cF
Dedicated helper for rent.

Link Copied to Clipboard