Print Thread
M
mrQQ Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
M
Hello,

hope someone can help me how to solve this problem. It started appearing in 6.21, but im not sure if thats cause of new version, or cause I started using tree view.

Basicly, on connect i join many channels, all with join -n #chan. I do that because I hate how new channel pops up over the current one im typing in, and i send half of message to wrong channel.

But there in lies the problem. I like to keep my windows maximized. I maximize a window and its all fine.. but as soon as new window opens, it opens unmaximized.. it used to open maximized all the time.. anyone knows how to solve that?

thank you

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Try using the -x switch (for maximize), rather than the -n switch (for minimize). From the help file
Quote:
The -n and -x switches minimize/maximize the channel window when you join it.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Have you tried to set the default position to maximized? (Right click a channel/query window on the channel bar while it is maximized and choose Position > Set As Default).

Beyond that, you can try something along the lines of:

Code:
on *:active:*: { window -x $active }

What that will do is it will maximize whatever window you click on. So, join them minimized, then click them and this will make sure they open maximized. You shouldn't need to do this, though. The default window setting should be plenty.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
M
mrQQ Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
M
Originally Posted By: RusselB
Try using the -x switch (for maximize), rather than the -n switch (for minimize). From the help file
Quote:
The -n and -x switches minimize/maximize the channel window when you join it.

can't do that, cause it steals focus.. but the the idea about default position is most likely what i need! thank you a lot, i'll get back with updates when i have them :-)

M
mrQQ Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
M
nope, it's still not good.. it worked fine till this morning, when i started mirc, and upon connection one of windows opened in not maximised state, and then all other windows appeared same..

as i've said, i can't do join -x, because it steals focus..

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If your default settings aren't staying set for some reason, just use that script I gave you above.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
M
mrQQ Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
M
thank you!

M
mrQQ Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
M
ok, can we agree this is a bug? if i do join -n to join chan as minimised, while having its position saved as maximised, it opens minimised, but upon activation is *not* maximised?

D
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
D
Originally Posted By: mrQQ
ok, can we agree this is a bug? if i do join -n to join chan as minimised, while having its position saved as maximised, it opens minimised, but upon activation is *not* maximised?

I have the same problem, 100% sure that is a bug.

try this:

//join #aaaaaa | //timerJOIN 1 5 join #aaaaaa | //showmirc -t

-----
https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=170968&page=1

Last edited by DarkBlood; 17/02/07 11:42 AM.
M
mrQQ Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
M
i already have a working workaround, just wanted to confirm that that's a bug, esp. since it only started behaving like that in latest version..

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Well I'm obviously NOT Khaled so I don't know how he designed things, but if I have a window set as maximized. Then I open it with -n that will change it to minimized.

Try it with the basic window command. /window -n @window. Regardless of what I had this window saved as, I now have made the window set as minimized. Just the same as if I decided to open it this time with an edit box. (window -e @window) and before it had none. I changed the settings with a command vs. the popup.

I don't see a bug, I see a conflict of interests. You want to open the window minimized yet you dont want the window minimized. Maybe a join switch that doesnt make the new window pop up on top. i.e.: an added feature request vs. a bug.

Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Sorry to resurrect this old topic but I had to thank Riamus2 for indirectly answering my question before I asked it and adding something to it.

I have been away from mIRC for a while but have started to get back into it as I recently purchase 16 copy site license for my Students Computer Lab and wanted to re-learn it before introducing them to it. I find that I have forgotten much that I knew but did remember enough to reload some of the saved scripts I used to use often.

One of the things I could not recreate was having multiple channels open at once with only one of them maximized. I had to almost follow your advise. What I ended up doing was, I stopped my login attempt before I went to any channels, maximized the Network Status window, Right-clicked on the Network status button, and selected Position\Save.

I then closed the mIRC window, restarted and allowed the login to complete and everything was maximized, just like I wanted it to be.

Thanks again! smile

Link Copied to Clipboard