mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#166113 06/12/06 03:14 PM
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
Yesterday I double click on mIRC to connect and I get a trojan detected. Well I uninstall that version and I got the new version and I got connecte but did not like it because I couldn't find some of the stuff like it had the other versions. Anyways, I uninstalled that one too. I got the 6.02 version and its working fine. What I don^t understand is why is the 6.03 trojan. I tried to download the 6.03 from the oldversion website and when I install it no luck. Anyways I have the 6.02 working now, but still don't understand why the 6.03 was a problem. Any ideas why?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Could be just a false positive response from your anti-virus software, or you could have a copy that is infected, which is why it's smartest to only get mIRC from an official download site, which is accessable from mIRC Official Download Location . If you can't find something in the latest version, you can always ask here, and we can usually tell you where to look, including (if necessary) step-by-step directions on how to locate it, or worst case scenario (although I can't think of anything that qulaifies at the moment) tell you that it no longer exists in mIRC.

S
OP Offline
S
Like I said I did download the new version from the mIRC site and got the: Trojan/IRC.Backdoor.SdBot.2.MVL. I checked the AVG website and its a worm to AVG, but now I'm using the mIRC version of 6.02 no problems there. 6.01 has no problems. Its just the 6.03 that gives the error.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
AVG likes to give false positives on mIRC. I would just set AVG to ignore mIRC.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
OP Offline
S
How do I do put it on ignore on AVG the mIRC?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As I don't personally use AVG, I'm not sure. Most good antivirus programs let you put a program on a "safe" list, so I'm assuming that would be possible with AVG. I may be wrong, though.

Anyhow, as was stated before, if you can't find something in the latest version of mIRC, just ask. It's all there.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
You seem to imply that you are using the "latest version": 6.03....but the latest version is 6.21

Perhaps I just misinterpreted what you've written, however.

Sais

Link Copied to Clipboard