#165828 01/12/06 04:15 PM
M
menhir Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
hi all,

is it possible to change some small stuff to make mIRC better usable for handycap humans ?

i'm supporting a girl, havy handicap. she has a software for faster writing. but she needs the function keys F1 F2 ..... is it possible to change the shortcut for the help F1 to somthing else ?

the second point is the fontsize.... is it possible to change all fontstyles generaly. also the chanel names on the top... the new open windows ... just everything. she can read only big size fonts.

she has a hard live, can not talk like normal humans, like we. so a chat is a new world for her. she is 23 years old. just out of scool living in zürich. for the first time she is looking for some friends. maybe a good chatsoftware can help her.

greetings

harald

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
to change the function of fkeys go to alias(alt+A) and put

f1 say hello
f2 say fine thanks and yourself
f3 me giggles

i.e fx what you want mIRC to do...

for font size go to View/Font, choose your font and size and put a check in the box "Set as default channel size"

btk

billythekid
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Originally Posted By: menhir
but she needs the function keys F1 F2 ..... is it possible to change the shortcut for the help F1 to somthing else ?

if her help software uses the F1 key it's actually bad implementation of that software ... the F1 key is bound to a 'help' function in most applications and therefor should not be used for other things really, to me that's bad judgement from the people who made the software she uses.

maybe you should get into contact with the people who made that software to see what could be done about it.

it's always possible to change the F1 key in mIRC from a theoretic point of view. but I don't know if it can be done through scripting...

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
billythekid has already shown above that it can be done...

alias F1 echo -a My new F1 key function

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Originally Posted By: RoCk
billythekid has already shown above that it can be done...

alias F1 echo -a My new F1 key function

yes, but I think you didn't entirely understood the issue ;-]
I know a little about those programs that help handicapped people use computers and usually they have shortcut keys bound to certain functions. most likely the program the person from the first post uses, uses F1-F12 for certain functions. so you should read the sentence as: the F1 key is now bound to 'help', could 'help' not be bound to another key thus freeing the F1 key for use by the helper program?

something like this can't be simply done by mIRC scripting because you can only redefine the key, not simply undefine the key ;-]

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
If something non-obtrusive is bound to the F* keys, the helper program should still work, and nothing annoying (opening help) will happen on mIRC.

Code:
alias F1 halt

-genius_at_work

Link Copied to Clipboard