mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Krejt Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Preparing for an upgrade of this messageboard I have to disable some things like the foreign languages, and reset some features of the board. I'll close down the messageboard for a few hours starting tomorrow evening (24 hours from now), making backups, upgrading, converting the database etc. You should expect a downtime of about 24 hours. After the upgrade all things should work perfectly fine again, but you should expect changing colors, layout and features for the days after. See you later, thanks for your patience,

Tjerk.

Krejt Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
I think the upgrade of the messageboard was quite succesfull. Thanks for your patience during the hours of downtime. There still are some things to tweak, tune and improve but I'll come to that during the next few days.

Some icons are missing etc. I'll fix those later. Apart from that don't hesitate to point me to mistakes and errors?

Tjerk.

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
Are there going to be different styles/themes available? I used the blue theme on the old forum.

Also, will there be the "new post" icons in this version of the forum?

-genius_at_work

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Quote:
Are there going to be different styles/themes available?
I hope so, because I, for one, find the current colour combinations hard on my eyes.

Krejt Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
yup, me too

edit: A little better now?

Last edited by Krejt; 05/12/06 08:41 AM.
Krejt Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
what do you mean by 'new post' icons?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I keep clicking on mIRC Homepage, will take some time getting used to this new style as well smile
I love the make textarea bigger option. I really miss seeing (N new) behind all the forum groups.

Last edited by Mpdreamz; 05/12/06 10:07 AM.

$maybe
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Originally Posted By: Krejt
what do you mean by 'new post' icons?

There's no icon to indicate an unread post. Unread & read ones look the same.

*is pleased with the thread bumping though laugh *

And the AJAX post previewing is pretty decent.

Krejt Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
By popular request I have enabled the "Sort Topics by Time of Last Reply" (or "Dateslip") option. This will bump active discussions to the top of the forum pages. I don't know yet if I like this feature but we can give it a try smile

Dateslip
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 05/12/06 10:36 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
By popular request I have enabled the "Sort Topics by Time of Last Reply" (or "Dateslip") option. This will bump active discussions to the top of the forum pages. I don't know yet if I like this feature but we can give it a try smile

I love it smile

I was mistaken in my last post.. new threads & posts do change the colour of the icon, but for some reason new posts were not highlighted when I first logged in.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Hey you removed mIRC homepage from the document trail laugh Thank you.

$maybe
Krejt Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
yup,.... more suggestions?

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Is there a 'goto first unread post' feature availible with ubb? (in vb this adds a down arrow icon to the left of the thread topic)

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
Krejt Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
On the forum page, click on the link in the 'Posted' column to go to the first unread reply. wink

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
One annoyance that I've had for ages is the default search range of newer then 1 week. It gets just a tad annoying changing it to newer then 5 years every time. The old (N new) in the "Last post" column was brilliant however I'm not sure if its a feature of the old version not included in this one. Last but not least some more themes, as stated by others.

Something you might want to look into is that the main site menu on the left changes colour while on the forums. Strangely i personally prefer the site navigation colours while on the forum smile

Thats about it i think, thanks for upgrading.

$maybe
Krejt Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Originally Posted By: Mpdreamz
One annoyance that I've had for ages is the default search range of newer then 1 week.
I set it to one year. better?

The old (N new) in the "Last post" column was brilliant however I'm not sure if its a feature of the old version not included in this one.
Sorry that won't return before UBBT version 7.2, or something.

Last but not least some more themes, as stated by others.
I'll first make a good default (mIRC) one based on the standard theme, and then add more themes, like blue, ice, and whatever. For the moment I'n not too enthusiast about the themes that are available cry

Something you might want to look into is that the main site menu on the left changes colour while on the forums. Strangely i personally prefer the site navigation colours while on the forum smile
Hmm... I'll look into that. Thanks!

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
I'm not sure if ubbthreads will have this, but IPB has a feature called "guided mode" where when you click on one of the bbcode buttons when making a post, a box pops up asking for the text you want to make bold/italic/etc, rather than having to highlight the text and then click the button.

*prefers that way*

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Are there any plans to readd the number of unread posts?

What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I set it to one year. better?

Loads smile

Sorry that won't return before UBBT version 7.2, or something.

Dangit, oh well progress takes victims smile

I'll first make a good default (mIRC) one based on the standard theme, and then add more themes, like blue, ice, and whatever. For the moment I'n not too enthusiast about the themes that are available cry

Why not make it a competition ? best ones to make it into the boards ?

Just reading trough the UUBT features the following popped to mind:

Activetext:Could you define mIRC,whatsnew.txt,versions.txt,DCX & MDX ? So that they are turned into links automaticly. i'd say these are links typed out rather frequently by all the helpers on this board.

RSS feed of the Anouncement catagory would be nice to especially for all the mIRC related websites.

$maybe
Krejt Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Why not make it a competition ? best ones to make it into the boards?
Hmm... problem is that you all don't have UBBT to test themes on!

Activetext:Could you define mIRC,whatsnew.txt,versions.txt,DCX & MDX?
I dont want to use this too much since it might interfere in discussions. So I certainly won't activate 'mIRC', and I don't know about terms like DCX & MDX....

RSS feed of the Anouncement catagory would be nice to especially for all the mIRC related websites.
Yup, later :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard