Print Thread
T
TimeFX Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
Hi all!

I saw that if I connect to an IRC server and join a channel mIRC sends "MODE #channel" to get the channel modes.
But few seconds later when I become OP in this channel he sends "MODE #channel" again. WHY?

I'm joining many channels when I connect to IRC so I must wait very long ....

Is it possible to stop the second MODE command?

Thx, TimeFX

[SRY 4 BAD ENGLISH wink]

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
I couldn't reproduce this, are you sure you don't have any scripts running that might cause it??

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no
T
TimeFX Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
I looked at my Scripts but mIRC is sending the MODE request not any script frown

May be that it sends the request again because I get OP before the reply for the FIRST mode comes?

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
/remote off
/debug debug.txt

/join #ChannelOfYourChoice

.... wait for all the stuff to happen

/debug off
/remote on

Post JUST the lines that apply to you joining, deleting all the PRIVMSGs to you or to other channels you happen to be in. Without seeing the raw data, we can't begin to guess at what is really happening.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
I'm not sure if it happens in all cases, but yes, mIRC does (at least sometimes) send a second MODE request if you get opped before the first reply is recieved.

V
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
V
well, for me it makes sence to send it if the first one is not received already
but I;ve never seen that one tho
timefx: which version are you using?
or on second thought, are you sure mirc sends MODE request, or it's just the double 324 bug?

And all I need now is intellectual intercourse, a soul to dig the hole much deeper
L
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
L
Ive noticed that too
but at least for me, just sends it on the first channel I join on a list (/join #1,#2,#3..)

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
This was mentioned a while ago. If you join a channel and send a mode request and mIRC sees a mode change before receiving a vaild MODE numeric reply, it asks for the MODE again.

This is likely a desync protection built into mIRC, I don't think it can be disabled.

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
I believe it has something to do with being able to see more channel mode information when opped, e.g. channel key. I could be totally off track though wink

T
TimeFX Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
Thx for your help this time.
@vais_michev: I'm using the latest mirc version
@hammer: disable remote scripts won't change anything...
@pasmal: normally if I get op in a channel mirc does not send MODE command only on connect...

S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
I had noticed that, and I thought it had something to do with my scripts (my mIRC is totally translated in French), but I couldn't find out why. The only fact I'm sure about it that it didn't happen when I was under previous versions. Only since I got 6.*

DNWT.net Coalition of irc networks
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
I asked you to turn on /debug for a reason, not just on a whim. We don't know which IRCd your server is using. Without seeing exactly what you are talking about, your question can be interpretted in many different ways.

Quote:
I saw that if I connect to an IRC server and join a channel mIRC sends "MODE #channel" to get the channel modes.
But few seconds later when I become OP in this channel he sends "MODE #channel" again. WHY?

Part of every JOIN process is the SERVER issuing the MODE command on your behalf (on the IRCd's I have tested it on, anyway). That's the first mode command which will eventually give you the current channel modes. You then go on to say "when I become OP", you see another MODE #channel command. Does this one also happen to include +o YourNick on the end? If so, then that is the command that makes you an OP, without which you wouldn't be one.

See what I mean? I realize that you are probably well aware that MODE #channel +o YourNick means becoming OP, but without seeing a concrete example, we're all just guessing.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
T
TimeFX Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
I do not have the problem now but I think it's not normal.
I use the QuakeNet Network and wenn I auth me with Q i get Op in many channels few seconds after connecting to server, BEFORE I got a reply to all the MODE commands of mIRC. So when I get op before the reply he sends MODE again. That's the problem...
I hope you can understand me wink

T
TimeFX Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
I'm still looking for a possibility to stop that, because it increases connection time very much frown

Link Copied to Clipboard