mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
6.21 is not saving the /firewall password correctly.

If I set the host/user/pass in the options or with /firewall, and connect, it works. But after mIRC is closed and reopened, the pass is garbled. Password "testing" is changed to "§‡H8ã" (A7 8F 87 48 38 E3 81).

I am working around it at the moment by using /firewall on startup.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I am unable to reproduce this issue here. I install mIRC 6.21 to a new empty folder, change the settings with /firewall, using "testing" as the password. I then close mIRC, run it again, and the password is still correct.

Are you by any chance running two copies of mIRC, one older and one newer, in the same mIRC folder?

Also, which version of Windows are you using?

P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
How are you able to find out if the password is garbled or not?
Example, if I set it using the /firewall command, then close and reopen mIRC. How can I find out if it is garbled?

Live to Dream & Dream for Life
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I am testing it by connecting mIRC through a proxy server (http://www.proxyplus.cz/) configured with Socks5 password authentication. By changing the password and closing and restarting mIRC and trying to connect again I can tell whether mIRC is still using the correct password. If I change mIRC to use the wrong password, it is no longer able to connect to the proxy.

S
OP Offline
S
Sorry for the delay.. it's Win98, socks5, and testing with two different exes in separate folders. Working on something to show that the pass keeps changing, or that I'm doing something stupid.

At one point it was working fine, and I thought I was going crazy, but I was accidentally testing with 6.2.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for the help, I was finally able to reproduce this issue, it has been fixed for the next version.

Link Copied to Clipboard