Print Thread
#165395 26/11/06 02:18 AM
U
Uzverg Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
U
It would be nice if mIRC will understand colors and some formatting of Rich Text Format while pasting text from clipboard. I mean - try to execute wordpad.exe, enter som text there, change its color (RichEdit v2 controls also allow changing background colors) and apply some font formatting like italic, bold... Copy text to clipboard and try to paste it to another wordpad or msword - they will copy also color and formatting attributes. But mIRC will lose all this and paste plain text. I think it will not be very difficult to get data from clipboard in rich text format, parse it and apply mIRC formatting attributes where ever possible.
Also it would be usefull if mIRC will copy text to clipboard in RTF format also with formatting.

Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
That would introduce way to many complication into mIRC's processing. Then mIRC would have to filter out crazy ass RTF tags like images and tables, not to mention that no one found RTF an important enough issue to request it in the last decade or so or mIRC's existance, so.. i doubt it will be added.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You might as well request that all formatting from all major word processors' default format are interpreted by mIRC as well. There isn't a legitimate reason to do so. If you really want to copy colors and formatting from wordpad, then save the file and write a script to parse it properly. Also keep in mind that there are WAY more colors available in Wordpad than in mIRC, so having mIRC maintain colors wouldn't work that well to begin with.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
U
Uzverg Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
U
No. If mirc will retrieve data from clipboard in RTF format, all documents like MSWORD, html etc will be converted automaticallty to RTF by Windows. Imbedded images, tables, OLE etc are not neccessary of course.
Ok no problem, it was just a suggestion smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
How will Windows automatically convert all types of documents to RTF just because mIRC parses RTF? Obviously, you can choose to save all of those documents as RTF yourself, but that's beside the point I was making.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard