Print Thread
#164441 12/11/06 10:02 AM
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
Hi All,

Well, I've been trying to learn everything possible ab out MTS coding, but I can't resolve this one issue. In the following code the nick has a < and a > on each side of it. In mIRC it appears as <Nick_Name> but for some reason I can't make the left < butt up against the nick, and using a $+ doesn't work. Here's the code I have right now:

Code:

TEXTCHAN  15&lt; &lt;cmode&gt;&lt;nick&gt; &gt; 15 &lt;text&gt;

Is there some code I can put between the < and the <cmode><nick> and the > to make the end result be <Nick_Name> in the chat?

Thanks very much.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Note that most MTS parsers are not "advanced" enough to parse
<<nick>> so <lt> and <gt> were invented to allow the use of < and > so <<nick>> will be <lt><nick><gt>.

$maybe
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
Thank you very much for that information. It worked perfectly! Do you happen to know if something like that exists for the following code, which is a similar situation:

Code:

( &lt;address&gt; )

I tried the <lt> and <gt> but that seems to only be for < and > symbols. I also took a shot at (lt) and (gt) and (lt> and <gt) but again they don't accomplish the goal either. In this instance, I want the end result to be: (1234@abcdesf.net)

Thanks very much for all your help!

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
(<address>) should work :tongue:

$maybe
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
Wow! I thought I tried it, but maybe I was just expecting things to be harder than they are :P Needless to say, it worked fine.

Thank you very much!

Link Copied to Clipboard