Print Thread
S
SGRock Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Greetings,

I am a channel owner, we use the chanserv to handle our +v +o levels for our users.

One new user who has been granted +v correctly receives his +v by the chanserv, then the channel owner automatically grants a +o

I am that channel owner, and I never loaded a +o. I checked all the chanserv and it does not list a +o for this user.

Events look like this:

person joins
Chanserv sets person +v
Rock sets person +o

Where do I go within mIRC to stop this rogue action?

H
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
H
You may have the users name on the mIRC's internal AOP list for some reason.
type /aop off and see if that helps. You may also have some script that is doing it so if the previous suggestion does not work type /remote off if that stops it then its a question of tracking down the script and reenabling remotes.
Hope i understood the problem right.

/help aop

S
SGRock Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Both commands completed, returned the following:

* Remote is off
* Auto-op is off

I have no script in my mIRC installation.

I attempted a script to de-op this person but it is not working (Most likely because I have no idea of how to make a script)

If I enter this command after he joins and gets his +o it does away with the +o until his next rejoin: /mode #channel -o user

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Presuming that you are Rock, then it must be in a script that you have loaded. Where you have to go to stop this is in the Remotes section, Alt + R. However, that's as close as I can tell you, since I don't know what script is causing this, and yes it is a script doing this, since the only other alternative is for you to be setting it manually, in which case you would know.

The fastest way to stop this, is to type /!remote off

One alternative is to unload all of your scripts, then re-load them one by one until you find the script that is setting the mode, but this is a slow process.

Another method is to open your Remote Editor (Alt + R), then press Ctrl + F (for find), then search for one or more of the following:
mode $chan +o $nick
mode # +o $nick
on *:join:#
on @*:join:#
on 1:join:#
on @1:join:#

That is not a complete list, but those are the most common formats of the section of code that you're looking for.

Just read your reply and decided to edit my reply:
a deop code would look like this
Code:
 on *:op:#:{
if $nick != chanserv {
.mode $chan -o $opnick
}
}

That will deop anyone that is opped in the channel, unless it was chanserv that gave the ops.

Last edited by RusselB; 22/10/06 10:39 PM.
S
SGRock Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Your text gets loaded in the script editor, remote tab I assume.

Then I issue this command:

/load -rs script.ini

Correct?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
You can either copy & paste the code into the Remote Editor, or you can save it as a script file, with either an ini or mrc extension, and then load it using the /load command. The choice is yours.

S
SGRock Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Thank you, your script did the job perfectly.

Link Copied to Clipboard