#16235 21/03/03 06:01 AM
D
djrizq Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
hello,

im goin to install satelittle connections in 2 more days ( direcpc/direcway) so i was wonderin can u dcc send n receive files whn using this SAT in mIRC ?

some people said yes u can some people said no its impossible, pls help

thx

#16236 21/03/03 11:57 AM
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
I don't see why you couldn't. DCC transfers are Net transfers at the same title as an HTML webpage or an image you'd download on some website, they just use a specific port, and last time i checked, no ISPs required clients to block specific ports. So yeah, it should work just like it used to on your old connection.

- cF
Dedicated helper for rent.
#16237 21/03/03 02:35 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Some time ago on the old boards, a user posted this:
"directpc, now directway one and two satellite connections are never going to let you send via satelllite. I have 2-way connect and can receive files but not send. They finally explained that it was a packet size issue and distance issue from our computers to the satellite to their *station* back to the satellite and back to the other computer. They send and get info in huge packets to make it fast dispite the distance. I've quit fighting it and email the files one at a time or just say *i can't send*, or turn the satelite off and send via dial-in."

I have no idea if that still applies.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard