mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#161895 12/10/06 05:29 AM
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
If using "//echo @customwindow some text here $+ $chr(9) other text here" with $len(some text here) > 8, everything after the 8th sign is just eaten away.
For example when using
Code:
//window @test | echo @test GuestChatterNewb $+ $chr(9) > Hi there.
I only get "GuestCha > Hi there." in the window. If copy&pasting this text, it is in fact still complete though.

Additionally I noticed that you can move this barrier with /window's -tN,N,.. switch.

I'm using a rather normal Windows XP SP2, can anyone reproduce this bug or tell me about its nature?
Notice that this bug wasn't appearing to me in the 6.1 series. I just tried reproducing it in 6.17 and there it just "hops" to the next tabstop.

Thanks for your time.

G
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
G
I do indeed get the response..

"GuestCha > Hi there." in window @test when using

Code:
//window @test | echo @test GuestChatterNewb $+ $chr(9) > Hi there.

also when copying the text from the window it is indeed complete as... "GuestChatterNewb > Hi there." (with the tabulation)

so its easily reproduced

Last edited by Ghozer; 16/10/06 05:10 PM.
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Its been reported, and apparently (at least i think it was) dealt with with in the next release.

What your experencing is the normal behavour of the listbox window, but its occuring in the main window as well

PS: for a laugh add a background graphic in, the missing text well now also display but then be written over top of by the tabed text. (this has also been reported)

Link Copied to Clipboard