mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Do you have a current servers.ini file? Many servers on older servers.ini files are no longer active. For that matter, some networks may no longer be active, depending how old your file is.

Other than that, I have no solution for you. Your problem does sound related to port 113 if a particular network requires you to identify with that port rather than letting you on even if you don't identify. As for why it appears to be working backwards in your router, I'm not sure. If you are running multiple computers, are you certain that you are not trying to forward the port to more than one computer?

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
B
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
B
Yes, I have verified (on numerous occasions) that it is being forwarded to my computer/IP address instead of someone else's. My servers.ini file is recent and I am certain the servers to which I want to connect are listed correctly.

For what it's worth, here is how we're set up -- it's a wireless modem with four slots for wired connections. Two of the wired slots are in use (on my computer and on the computer in the room in which the modem is installed); also, five others are using the wireless connection. I am wired because it is set up in a large, old house and the signal strength is simply inadequate in my room, so I am connected through an ethernet cable running outside of the house.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I would probably try disconnecting the router temporarily and connect your computer directly to your modem. This will tell you if the problem is with the router, or if it's somewhere else. It's true that you could have multiple problems, but this will help you to figure out where the problem may be located. You can always connect everything back up again afterwards.

As another thought... some modems have a router built into them. If yours does, that could be an issue as well.

Invision Support
B
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
B
Yes, this is a modem/router combination. Linksys WCG200 version 2. Website -> http://www.bizrate.com/cabledsl_wirelessmodems/pid11297372/

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
In that case, you will have to forward that built-in router to your wireless router properly and then from there to your computer. Or, if it's possible to set your modem's router as DMZ, that would probably be the easiest as you don't need multiple routers blocking ports for protection.

Invision Support
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
113 showing a closed is GOOD

It means it has been forwarded from ther router to the pc (assuming you forwarded it to the right pc), it simply means nothing is responding to the hail on 113, but the hail was recieved.
Stealth means the hail was not even (apparently) received (which normally means its not forwarded in the router)

Your specific reasons for not connecting im unsure on, but port 113 is used it ident from mirc, u need to check if the IDENT server under options is enabled.
This server/device simply replies to a hail from the irc server your conencting to and says , yeah yeah that me, and the irc server normally taks the ~ of your address which is in the format nick!~ident@address.com so it becomes nick!ident@address.com, most irc servers that dont get a ident responce from you, just conenct u anyway after around 20 seconds.

If you cant even start getting connected , sounds like you might have an outbound port blocked, or you ned to flush the dns cache, do do the second is simple windows > start > run > IPCONFIG /flushDNS > OK

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
You cant be helped, you refuse to listen to possable solutions, denying them out of hand based on shakey logic. Just becuase some aplications well work fine does not mean all aplications well work fine, some aplications requerer NO port forwards the ones you specied dont, i know becuase i have had them runing and i dont have any setup for them, and the updater is just a web/ftp download whcih is even simplier. So saying "the bridge is not out, becuase i can still phone people on the other side of the river" doesnt really proof the bridge is not out.

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
well as i stated before,and it's on the same lines of what you said,i did(meaning you:do it me:*me doing it* ok i did it but it didn't work.) the stuff you suggested. i'm not just gonna stare at the screen then go "ok i did it". that's like if you were standing next to me right now and said "go to start-run-cmd" then i went to start-run-cmd,you'd go "no i didn't say go to start-run-cmd,i said start-run-cmd." makes no sense. i admit i have a learning problem but if i misunderstood what you said,i'd simply ask,not say i did it if i didn't. but anyway,i think it's fixed now anyway.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard