mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
RRX Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
R
(6.20) When a mIRC dialog is active and a new Status Window is created, the mIRC window becomes the active window, so for example in the middle of typing in a dialog editbox I suddenly am in mIRC. How to stop this?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
what switches do you use to open the dialog

what is forcing the server connection?

R
RRX Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
R
- The dialog is opened with /dialog -mdv %d %d (name and table equal)
- Not sure what you mean with 'forcing', its just a script (a queue) that attempts a connection with /server %sw %hostip %port -i %nick %anick %ident %fullname
%sw is -mpfo in case no window yet

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
alias test dialog -m test test
dialog test {
title ""
size -1 -1 150 150
option dbu
list 100, 5 5 140 140
}
on *:dialog:test:init:0:{
timertest 1 1 server -m starlink-irc 6667
timertest2 1 2 dialog -v test
}

where ever you have the server command add the dialog -v (dialog name)

it restores focus, I know of no way to stop the focus from going to the server window and getting a new server connection is not a background task

R
RRX Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
R
IWell yes, I know I can make the script make the dialog active after creating a new server window (using a %var that is set when $dialog(dialogname).active is $true, before the /server command, and after it, if it is 1, make the dialog back active)
But it's a rather poormans solution, when I'm doing stuff in the dialog It suddenly goes somewhere else and back and interrupts typing. It saves me the click to go back to the dialog, that's about it.

But I realize now why I have this annoyance for status windows only. My script uses join -n to join channels and then they don't 'steal focus'. The /server command doesn't have an equivalent switch.

Link Copied to Clipboard