mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
LuckY7 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
I want to configure a proxy server so I can hide my IP. I am confused how to set this up with mIRC, I have MultiProxy v1.2a, and I cannot find a tutorial on how to set this up with mIRC. Does anyone know how I could configure this or another free proxy program to use mIRC? tks.

F
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
F
hmm I was intrigued enough to try this for you. However all of the proxy servers it found were no longer working. But it did move me to reply to you. 1) Most networks now include partial host/ip masking, making the use of proxies pretty redundant. 2) I can only assume that the proxy servers that were listed were of the open type, again most networks will check this on connection and Gline (global ban) you for using them.
What network are you wanting to use this for?
Oh and no matter how the network masks your information YOU will always be able to see the true information.

Regards Firestarter

L
LuckY7 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
I am trying to use this with 'nodramairc.net'. Apparently I was permanently banned, and I am not sure why. I use this network a lot, and I figured this would be a way to allow me back on, along with some added security.

I tried MultiProxy's servers last night as well, and they appeared to be down. Maybe tonight they will be up. I took the list from the 'Anonymous Proxy' list, so I thought they would be anonymous, as opposed to an 'open proxy', I may be wrong with this though.

If you could try again today I would greatly appreciate it. I also need to learn how to configure mIRC with the proxy settings, if someone could help me do this I would really appreciate it. tks for the help.

F
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
F
Well it is a given rule that helping folks evade bans is not allowed here, therefore I apologise that I cant help you regarding proxies. However there must be some ban message given when you try to connect, or a web address to contact the network admins. Give that a try before resorting to proxies. Remember if it is free there is often a hidden catch.
Oh and looking through that multiproxy website, I came to the conclusion they no longer deal with proxies as the latest web page hasnt been updated since 2003. Sorry frown

Fire

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Just for a clarification on open/anonymous proxies... If you don't log into it, then it's probably going to trigger an open proxy check. If you do log into it, then it usually won't trigger an open proxy check.

But, as mentioned, if you're ban-evading, we can't help you here. You should contact the network (the ban message should tell you a website) and ask them why you were banned and if you can be unbanned.

Also, bans often last for 48 hours or less unless it was for a severe reason.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
Whether you are attempting to avoid a ban or not, I think that it is useful to offer information about using open proxies in mIRC, after all the option is available. I might only advise that you should not use this infomration to cheat server bans. The rest is up to you.

-snippety snip-

Moderator note: This person explicitly stated they are wishing to evade a ban, and two other people explicitly stated our rules on this. Please respect that. Secondly, this thread dates back to September, so I question the point of the post in any case!

Last edited by Mentality; 25/10/06 04:46 PM.

Sam Hamwich
-Build a Better Mousetrap, and They Will Build A Smarter Mouse-
S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
I bumped this thread because no definite answer was offered, however I respect your reason and your decision to strike it.
I will add however that the person should at least attempt to contact the network administration via any website they may have, if not via IRC, and determine the reason for the ban and if it's permanent or temporary, and the measures to appeal it if possible. As stated, if it is only temporary, your continued attempts to evade it may lead to a permanent K-Line ban of your entire netblock.

Link Copied to Clipboard