mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Ratha Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
R
I recently upgraded from 6.16 to 6.20 and have noticed a few changes in the way mIRC looks now. I was wondering if there is any way of changing that look, heres what i notice to be different that i cannot seem to change.

1: In the default top position, channel/window buttons are huge now, somewhere in the 150 pixel wide area. They used to be around 100 wide. My previous settings were 26x82, the 82 however did not appear to change the size properly if left in the default top position.

Now the settings are small, medium, and large. The option to specify exact button size was removed. The entry however is still in the config file under [options] n5. Here is a copy of my config for that line:

n5=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,0,300,30,10,0,1,29,0,1,1,10240,1,0,0,150,0,1,0,0

The numbers 29 and 150 are in the correct location to correspond to the size of the 'button' or they did in older versions of irc, they were 26 and 82 back then though. (6.16, and 6.17)

When changing them in the mirc.ini file, they always revert back to 29 and 150 on first mIRC load. Im guessing this is because the 'small' option is set and when mIRC loads it catches that option as being set and then overwrites the changed sizes.

Any ideas on how to change the size of the button box to something smaller?

2: there used to be thin gray horizontal lines that divided the file menu, the option buttons, and the open window 'buttons' having those there made mIRC look a lot more professional and uncluttered to me, yet they are gone in the 6.20 version, i dont suppose theres any way to bring them back? Dosnt appear to be a configuration option.

3: Each toolbar used to have stacks of dashes in front of it so that it could be moved from top/bottom/left/right positions, now they are 5 dots instead. I know its a minor issue, but i liked the dashes better, not easy or possible to configure the client to show those id guess?

-

I know the last two are fairly minor issues, and the first one is fairly small too since if you get too many on the screen they will shrink down to fit. I suppose i just dont adapt well to changes, specially when changes are made to something which was how i liked.

If any of you have any suggestions besides 'go use the old client if you dont like the new one' they would be well appreciated. smile

Thanks

Ratha

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
With the exception of the last item, I know that everything else you've mentioned has been reported in the Bug Reports section, which is where this post should've been put, since you're commenting on items that you think are bugs.

R
Ratha Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
R
Hmm, i didnt think they were bugs truthfully, i thought they were purposfully changed to be that way, a lot of programs ive used over the last 5 years have been making changes like that for who knows what reason.

I browsed the forums earlier, didnt see anything related to what i was talking about, though they are fairly obscure things so maybe they were hidden somewhere, search sure didnt bring em up.

The change to the 'button' size seemed deliberate, since it went from a 'define your own size' to a "small, medium, large" (with a height of 29, 33, and 37 pixels respectively)

So wasnt really thinking they are bugs (however if they have been reported as bugs thats fine with me too) was just looking for a way around em. Still interested if anyone has any ideas. smile

Ratha

Link Copied to Clipboard