OP Offline
Vogon poet
S
??? if so how

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
my GUESS would be that IF it could, it would need to use sockets - something I am 100% UNFAMILIAR with. Hopefully the more socket educated could help you (if that is indeed the method)

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yes, it can. This is what FiberOPtics did up for me last year for posting to a phpBB2 forum.

Keep in mind that if you use this, you need to change all the kakkoitranslations.net stuff to your domain. There may be some other changes that are necessary as well to set it for your forum rather than mine, but you get the idea.

Anyhow, this is a great start if you want to do the same thing on another type of forum. It will need changed for different forum types, but it's still a good starting block. Or, just use phpBB2 and it should be easy to set up.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Well if mIRC were a person then yes.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I feel a tad embarassed looking at that code now, looks like a rush job, but I hope it can still be of some value.

I'd atleast change the bb.encode alias (it would fail if encountering a 0 in the string and doesn't really need regex from a quick look). Actually I guess it could be simplified tremendously with regsubex.

Always a good idea to include the t switch with the sockwrite command, seems to be missing in the code.

Oh well...

Gone.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Lol. I did have to ask recently about that bb.encode once I saw that it failed with 0's. Was wondering why I was getting weird results on a few posts. They also mentioned not using regex and also about regsubex.

Anyhow, after fixing the 0 problem (adding != $null to the while loop), it's working perfectly, so I can't complain. laugh

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard