mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
Grc169 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
G
Does anyone know why I have been unable to connect to MiRC for the past 4 months. I have changed nothing and was able to use MIRC for the past year and half - no problems. It was giving me an error about not being able to connect with ip and now I am recieving another error, different. I also have friends that have recieved the exact same errors as me when trying to connect. If anyone could give me some hints on what to check or do that would be great.
Thank you

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
You don't connect to mIRC, you connect to an IRC server with mIRC, so my first question will be what server are you trying to use? Second, what error are you getting?

If you are trying to connect to DALnet (which has been partially down for around 4 months) then you will have to specify a server that is working, as many of them are down and the Random option is disabled. Click here for a list of working DALnet servers

G
Grc169 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
G
I was trying to connect to DALnet and you are right I was using the Random option, although I tried going through the list and choosing random servers without any Luck. I will try that tonight thanks for the help.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Due to lengthy attacks, the current server list in mIRC for DALnet isnt accurate. Things do finally appear to be settling down so hopefully the list can be updated soon. Go to the link Collective posted for currently linked servers (there are several) and use one of those by typing it in your main mIRC window: /server theserver.info.here

I dont know if "random" will/wont be used again by DALnet, tho i've had probs myself trying to use it on other networks as well. You can generally find current lists of servers on the webpages of each network

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard