mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
Unless I'm wrong, there is currently no capacity for distinguishing between, and sending events to, one of $nick's specific DCC windows if $nick has more than one open in your mIRC client.

E.g., with remote scripting in mind, if two DCC chat windows are open to Bob^, there is no Remote Identifier that would be useful in an "ON CHAT" event to determine which DCC Chat window Bob^ just typed in. Also, if two DCC windows of any kind (chat & chat, or chat & fserve, etc.) are open to Bob^, there is no way to send an event to one of those windows in particular, because /msg|/describe =Bob^ <text> will only send to the first DCC window opened to Bob^).

How about:

(1) Adding a Remote Identifier like $dccwin that returns the $wid of the DCC Chat/Fserve/etc. window an event has occurred in. Then, for example, an "ON CHAT" event would have a way of telling which of Bob^'s multiple DCC Chat windows he typed in.

(2) For commands like /msg, /describe, /editbox, /echo, etc., allow an optional ,wid tail on =nick style targets. Then, if I knew Bob's 2nd DCC chat window ID was 12, I could either type "/msg =Bob^,12 Boo!" myself, or in a script, "/msg = [ $+ [ $nick ] $+ ] , [ $+ [ $dccwin ] ] Boo!"). "/msg =Bob^12 Boo!" (without ,wid) could continue behaving as now - sending to Bob^'s first-opened DCC window regardless of its $wid - so that existing scripts wouldn't be broken.)

If there's a way to do everything just suggested, I'd love to know, because I've found nothing after RTFM. smile

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
ON SERV can be used to distinguish between chat and serv dcc windows, the existance of $cd can also be checked.

To the best of my knowledge, both of these events will automatically send any msg =nick commands to the window that triggered them. So it seems the design of mircs scripting language already does this for you. eg.

on *:CHAT:*something*: { msg $+(=,$target) message sent to correct window }

You may also find use of $chat() and $fserv() identifiers. $chat(nick,2).wid should return the wid for the second open dcc chat with nick. An N value of 0 would return the number of dcc chat windows open with nick.

However i did notice that $wid in an ON CHAT event doesn't return unique id's for each chat window at all. Maybe that is a bug? otherwise its a useless identifier in chat/serv events. It seems to always return a 1??

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Your suggestions would be a great help, however for the mean time this might help you...

I had the same problem a little while ago, with some pissing around (alot of pissing around actually) i came up with this. (actually this has been slightly rewritten for what you asked)

MUST BE LOADED BEFORE OTHER SCRIPTS THAT WISH TO USE $DCCWID
Code:
on ^*:CHAT:*:{ 
  var %i = $chat($nick,0), %dcc.chat.sbcolor.values
  if (%i &gt; 1) {
    while (%i) {
      var %wid = $chat($nick,%i).wid
      var %dcc.chat.sbcolor.values = $+(%dcc.chat.sbcolor.values $calc($findtok(message highlight event,$window($+(@,%wid)).sbcolor,32)),@,%wid)
      window -g0 $+(@,%wid)
      dec %i
    }
    set %dccwid.dcc.chat.sbcolor.values %dcc.chat.sbcolor.values
  }
}
on *:CHAT:*:{
  var %i = $chat($nick,0), %dccwid.value = $activewid
  if (%i &gt; 1) {
    while (%i) {
      var %wid = $chat($nick,%i).wid
      if ($window($+(@,%wid)).sbcolor) {
        var %dccwid.value = %wid
        break
      }
      dec %i
    }
    set %dccwid.dccwid.value %dccwid.value
    var %i = $numtok(%dccwid.dcc.chat.sbcolor.values,32)
    while (%i) {
      var %sbcolor = $gettok($gettok(%dccwid.dcc.chat.sbcolor.values,%i,32),1,64)
      var %wid     = $gettok($gettok(%dccwid.dcc.chat.sbcolor.values,%i,32),2,64)
      if (($window($+(@,%wid))) &amp;&amp; ((%wid != %dccwid.value) || (%sbcolor == 2))) {
        window $+(-g,%sbcolor) $+(@,%wid)
      }
      dec %i
    }
  }
  else {
    set %dccwid.dccwid.value $chat($nick,1).wid
  }
  unset %dccwid.dcc.chat.sbcolor.values
  .timer 1 0 unset %dccwid.dccwid.value
}
alias dccwid { return %dccwid.dccwid.value }
;
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;
alias type2wid {
  if ($0 &gt; 1) {
    var %wid = $+(@,$gettok($1,1,64))
    if ($window(%wid)) {
      if ($editbox(%wid)) {
        set $+(%,type2wid.wid.,%wid,.editbox) $editbox(%wid)
        .timer 1 0 editbox $+(-,$iif(($right($editbox(%wid),1) == $chr(32)),p),b,$editbox(%wid).selstart,e,$editbox(%wid).selend) %wid $+(%,type2wid.wid.,%wid,.editbox) $(|,) unset $+(%,type2wid.wid.,%wid,.editbox)
      }
      editbox -n %wid $2-
    }
  }
}

**** this script well enable you to sample $dccwid in ON CHAT but not in ^ON CHAT ****

The alias at the end allows you to enter text into any window by its wid (well screw up if u send it to a window with no editbox)

Example script event ** must be in its own script file as the above uses ^on chat & on chat itself **
on *:CHAT:*closing idle connection*:{ type2wid $dccwid sends }

P
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
Hey, awesome! Thanks very much for that! If Khaled chooses to add the functionality I was referring to in my original post, this will nicely hold me over until that time arrives. And if not, then permanently. laugh

Incidentally, on the subject of it being added, I suppose that in addition to the all-important /msg, /describe, /editbox, and /echo commands, being able to /close by $wid would be necessary as well. Guess it was pretty silly forgetting that one.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
/close by $wid

Assuming %wid has the wid in it then it is window -c $+(@,%wid) (well not work on some windows channel/status1 for obvious reasons)

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Agreed, there should be a way to retrieve the wid of the associated window, as well as target commands like /msg to the chat instance you want. For the first, it would be nice if $chat(-1).wid did that (like $get(-1) and $send(-1) in the on FILERCVD etc events). For the second, simply /msg <wid> <text> would do the trick, since no chat, channel or query window name can be a number (or perhaps follow the window manipulation commands format, ie /msg @<wid> <text>).

A workaround for the first issue, however, can be pretty simpler and made to work in ^-prefixed on CHAT events too. Put this in your first loaded file:
Code:
on ^*:chat:$($storecwid):{ }
alias storecwid set -u1 %cwid $wid

Then in your on CHAT events, use %cwid to get the wid of the associated window.

Last edited by qwerty; 21/09/06 12:11 AM.
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
Code:
on ^*:chat:$($storecwid):{ }
alias storecwid set -u1 %cwid $wid

Sigh frown, serves me right for assuming that becuase $wid was 1 in the event it was 1 in the comparasion as well.

Well i just replaced my code in other things with yours thanks!!!, or something close to it

alias getwid { set -u1 %getwid $wid | return $1 }
on ^*:chat:$($getwid(*)):{ ... uses %getwid ... }

* I never liked the having to have a seperate script to pull it so made it do it inside the actual ON CHAT that trips it.

Thanks again.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'm so for this idea.

What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?

Link Copied to Clipboard