Print Thread
#15933 18/03/03 01:28 PM
T
T_S Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
T
I was in a channel one day and someone set an away then a person named (mynick's gh0st) started talking to me. The name was no where to be found on the list. If anyone knows anything about irc gh0sts please post your knowledge here.

Thanks
T_S

#15934 18/03/03 02:02 PM
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
Depends on what server you were on. Conference Room (CR) has a channel mode that 'locks' the nickname lists so it doesn't update when new users join the channel.

- cF
Dedicated helper for rent.
#15935 18/03/03 02:42 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I know of no such mode in CR. Which one is it? I'd say TS' case is more likely either the channel he is in is set -n or an oper is /msg'ing the room externally.

#15936 18/03/03 10:59 PM
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
-› (arena) CHANNEL MODE A
-› (arena) Usage: MODE <room> +|-A
-› (arena) A - Auditorium
-› (arena) Auditorium is designed to handle big events without flooding everyone with unimportant information based on the size of the room, it works with +m and often with +M. It will hide the names of most of the people who cannot speak; it will show up to 20 of them. Anyone who can speak will be visible in the names list, and then a maximum of 20 users who cannot will be shown. It will only show
-› (arena) users who cannot speak if there are fewer than 20 people who can speak, and then it will show users who cannot speak until there are 20 visible people. When the room is set -A the users will start to appear as they speak unless there is a small number of users, in which case they will massjoin.
-› (arena) Privilege: Server Operator.
-› (arena) Examples:
-› (arena) /mode #webchat +A

- cF
Dedicated helper for rent.

Link Copied to Clipboard