mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#159098 13/09/06 11:45 PM
H
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
H
I know i shouldn't of started a post for this, because i'm sure you guys have answered this, but my brother was on my comp for like 10 minutes, and....

* Connect retry #2 irc.gamesurge.net (6667)
-
-irc.gamesurge.net- *** Looking up your hostname
-
-irc.gamesurge.net- *** Checking Ident
-
-irc.gamesurge.net- *** Couldn't look up your hostname
-
-irc.gamesurge.net- *** No ident response
-
AUTO Excessive connections from a single host..
-
Closing Link: hurley by Gigenet.IL.US.GameSurge.net (G-lined)
-
* Disconnected

WHAT DID MY BROTHER DOOO!! frown frown

thx for your time/help

-hurley

#159099 14/09/06 12:27 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
First off, this isn't necessarily your brother's fault.
The network detected a lot of connections showing from the same host address (which is probably, but not definetely, the address that you connect from). Realistically all you can do is wait. Technically you could go to gamesurge's website and see if there's any documentation about getting a g-line removed, but normally g-lines are temporary, and it may have expired by the time you got the information from the website (it may have expired by the time you finish reading this).

#159100 20/10/06 09:11 AM
M
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
M
I've been getting the same message as hurley_guy. G-lined and all. I've gone over every option thinking somehow something might have gotten changed. Check or unchecked.. dunno. I"ve also found out that the tech people at the phone office apparently are not required to know what they're suppposed to be helping with. The one I spoke to yesterday didn't even know the isp she worked for had a service to check for spam. And she didn't know from my settings that I hadn't changed anything since the link to the filters setting is hidden and difficult to find. There's a line that says I hadn't set any filters yet. duh lady.. Enough for now. I hope this gets fixed soon. I didn't get dsl so I could connect via dialup just to get connected. confused

Link Copied to Clipboard