mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#159050 13/09/06 02:03 AM
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Is there to block text from being shown in a channel...
I have a Regulator Bot for a game called C&C Renegade. It shows info from the FDS (Server) and displays it to mIRC. Only it messages the text to 2 channels, Public + Admin. I was wondering if theres a way to reverse this (Have it message any channel its in).

#159051 13/09/06 03:28 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
If I'm understanding correctly, you want to send the same message to all channels that you're in. If so, then use /amsg <text> or /ame <action>. This is limited to just the active network, but if you want it in all networks and on all channels, then use /scon -at1 amsg <text> or /scon -at1 ame <action>

For more details refer to /help /amsg

If I'm wrong, then please try to clarify.

#159052 13/09/06 04:04 PM
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Yes indeed you were wrong. Sorry about not explaining good but my english sucks. I have this bot that no matter which channels its in. If you were to say anything to it. No text would appear unless the bot was in the Public / Admin channel. I want to disable this so that any and all text can be seen...

As you can see from the SS on first post. I was talking and the bot failed to see my text. But when it spoke, The text was seeable. I was asking if theres a such script that can block incoming text to the bot.

#159053 13/09/06 07:52 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Blocking text can be done in various ways. If you think the bot has a script that blocks text if the person isn't in the admin channel, then I would press Alt-R and then ctrl-F and search for :text: (with the colons). This will help you find the section(s) of the script where the blocking may occur. If you paste those, we can probably find what is doing it. It could be a matter of using halt/haltdef to hide incoming messages, or even ignore being used.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
#159054 14/09/06 12:03 AM
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Quote:
Blocking text can be done in various ways. If you think the bot has a script that blocks text if the person isn't in the admin channel, then I would press Alt-R and then ctrl-F and search for :text: (with the colons). This will help you find the section(s) of the script where the blocking may occur. If you paste those, we can probably find what is doing it. It could be a matter of using halt/haltdef to hide incoming messages, or even ignore being used.

Thanks alot... That was indeed the problem. I deleted the halt/haltdef from the script(s) and it all worked out fine.
Thanks for the help smile

Link Copied to Clipboard