OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
Please have a look at this thread:
https://forums.mirc.com/s...;vc=#Post159944

Help appreciated smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I would recommend closing down all other applications, including anti-virus software, and then testing mIRC again. I can't think of a reason why mIRC would pause on startup, it has no pauses built into it.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
the only time my mirc paused was due to my own scripting of events and WHEN they fired off. other than that, mine has never paused ever (just to add some more info is all)

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
As I already stated in the original thread, I did all this. (shut down all scripts and other applications). I do guess this isn't caused by mIRC, and asked what do these threads do so I could find the problem's origin. All I'm asking is the source to the 2 threads that come out of the main one and their purpose

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
mIRC does not create any threads on which it waits for 60 seconds. In fact a newly installed mIRC does not create any threads at all apart from the main thread. Any extra threads are created by Windows system libraries.

T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
Ok, but what functions are loaded before any Onload script runs, and could be creating a Thread?
btw, I know mIRC doesn't stop for 60 seconds. I want to find the cause for the problem... smile

Last edited by The_SnifF; 12/09/06 10:45 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard