Print Thread
L
Looce Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
problem:
Whenever I use the /server command with a server name, but without -m, log files of all the channels joined on the previous network are moved to the log directory of the new network.

e.g. /server irc.dal.net <-- will move all channel logs from the prior network [the one that this /server command quits] to DALNet's logging directory.

configuration:
I'm running mIRC 6.20, set to:
* automatically log both channels and queries [IRC > Logging];
* add timestamps, strip codes [IRC > Logging];
* make a folder for each network, and logs dated by month [IRC > Logging];
* keep channels open [IRC];
* hide the switchbar, show the treebar [View > Switchbar/Treebar].

reproducing the problem:
* configure your mIRC as in the configuration section;
* connect to a server, then join a couple of channels on that server (e.g. //server irc.efnet.org | join #coffee,#anna,#whatever_else);
* connect to another server (e.g. /server irc.dal.net).
Now look in your EFNet logging directory; there should be logs, but there aren't. And since you haven't joined any channel on DALNet, looking in its logging directory should show no logs, but your prior EFNet logs are in there.

Using the -m option eliminates the problem completely, but leaves me having to /quit the first server.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
i have this problem, but mirc doesnt move them to prior network folder but in default /logs/ folder instead of each network folder (bug since 6.17)

IceCapped
D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
Here too. mIRC moves logs to the wrong network folder.

J
Jae Offline
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
the only log problem i had was mirc re starting a log file essentually wiping the log, not sure what happened and never repeated it since, completely miffed as to what happened i think there was some error or i had a blackout or something. although i have wondered about those randomly appearing log files in the main log directory.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks this should be fixed for the next version.

Link Copied to Clipboard