Tom_S Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
T
Tested on a barebones mIRC..

Open mirc, connected or disconnected, type

//echo -a as
sometimes shows * Break: command halted, and sometimes works as expected...

O
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
O
Tested this by repeating the command for like 50 times.
No problems here.

T
Tom_S Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Any ideas on what might be causing it then? I didn't have this problem in 6.17, and I even went back to it and still didnt have this problem.. Then I tried copying the 6.2 executable over 6.17 and it came back.

EDIT: I'm not sure what I did but I cannot reproduce it anymore either.. I had backed up the 6.17 dir, uninstalled, installed 6.2, deleted all older files (6.17 exe and help, and I though mirc.ini, but maybe not), and then copied the 6.17 dir back on top of the 6.2 install.. Loaded up 6.2, and ran into that problem.. After editing the options (and therefore updating mirc.ini) i can't reproduce this, so maybe there was something in the 6.17 ini that was causing it that got flushed when I hit ok on the options dialog......

Weird

J
Jae Offline
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
still have a copy of the mirc.ini befoer you went into optioned and ok'd things? ie compare the files?

H
hkr Offline
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
H
i had * Break and * Break command halted problems on 6.16 and 6.17 but now on 6.21 i don't. i got used to them there's no other way.. i think they are caused by memory leakage which occurs mostly when mIRC is running in the background i.e. is not the active application.

Link Copied to Clipboard