mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
TACO Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
T
Did a few searches for key words related to this subject, and didn't find anything that either directly answered the question.

It seems for some reason when using the font "terminal" it won't allow me to use the extended ASCII codes from the extended table. What it does do is display what looks like oriental scripture.

System displays all extended ascii as being proper as per the character map windows provided.

I tried this with character 182 in both System and Terminal fonts.
System displays properly as ΒΆ. However, Terminal displayed the same Oriental style lettering over and over.

If this is not indeed a bug, but a simple setting issue or error on my part, either answer is welcomed.

PS - For those curious to why I am using TERMINAL font, check out the extended ASCII char at http://www.lookuptables.com/ and you will notice that they have characters that used to be used and still are used (CURSES/NCURSES) as creating windows or formating output onto the screen.

http://www.bsdinstaller.org/screenshots.html is a fine example (grey and blue screens) of what can be done with the extended ascii characters.

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
This probably is NOT a mIRC bug, as "Terminal" is a DOS type font. It's not like regular fonts that have a "Western' style and such. Stick with FixedSys, Lucida Console, or Courier New. (IMO atleast).

T
TACO Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
T
Well I agree with what you said, however, it displays the rest of the text in the terminal font such as lettering etc. Its when it gets to the extended ascii chart that it does not display properly.

However, Courier new is perfect for the job so it was just to see if it was a bug or not. Otherwise its ok.

What I most likely will end up doing is using Courier New font to display the boxes, and Terminal to display text.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
extended ascii isn't standard so not guaranteed to be always displayed the same...

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Link Copied to Clipboard