Print Thread
#157822 28/08/06 10:09 PM
P
prost Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
Alright. This happened to me once a while back...but forgot how to fix it. I cant join #sourcescrim because of (+r)....

from what I remember, i have to typoe something in..something along the lines of /authserv < > < >

Help please smile

#157823 28/08/06 10:33 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
You have to identify your nick with the password.
For authserv, I believe the command is
/authserv auth <nick> <password>

Replace <nick> with your nick and <password> with the password that was either assigned or that you made.

#157824 30/08/06 06:32 PM
P
prost Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
Ok. I did what you said....and I tried using the command and it says....

-AuthServ- Could not find your account -- did you register yet?

I am supposed to use the name and password of my account on these message boards...right?

Last edited by prost; 30/08/06 06:42 PM.
#157825 30/08/06 06:55 PM
M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
Quote:
I am supposed to use the name and password of my account on these message boards...right?

Not at all... there are three different types of "registration" that are not rarely confused:
(1) Your mIRC board registration, which enables you to post your comments in the mIRC Message Board;
(2) Your mIRC registration, which proves that you have paid for mIRC, and which enables you to remove the shareware notice when you run the program; and,
(3) Your registration to a nickname in a particular network (e.g., Undernet, Dalnet, Efnet, etc), which is unique to each network. That enables you (among other things) to join certain chatrooms that have been set to +r. For further help on how to register your nickname, you should join the network's #help channel, since, as stated above, each network may (or not) have it's own way of registering/identifying to a nick.
Sometimes if you type /nickserv identify help or /authserv help you'll get some help with registering/identifying as well.

There are not few threads that have dealt with these differences and explain how to register for each case.

Hope it helps

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

Link Copied to Clipboard