mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
Fussel Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
I hate the fact that every text i select in Mirc is copied to clipboard...

If I want to copy it to clipboard, I can press CTRL and C...

I lost my stored textes from clipboard a few time because of this "feature"...

Is it possible to add an option in mIRC how to handle this?

P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
I concur.

Live to Dream & Dream for Life
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
the Control-button already is used to include the colorcodes instead of $strip'ing. Perhaps a compromise would be something that would require you to either use or not-use the shift-key in order to put highlighted text into the clipboard.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Options are always good, but why are you holding your mouse button down and dragging it in a chat window if you know that it happens? Seems like a tough thing to do by accident.

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
you can always un-drag the highlighted bit so it wont copy, before letting go of the button of course. If it's for highlighting text so you can read it, perhaps consider changing font/colour scheme.

One thing that does annoy me since 6.17(i think(whenever the richtext stuff went in)) is when the fore and background colours are the same you can no longer highlight the 'colour block' to see what the actual text says below it, leading to newbie troubles with

"click this block for free laptops --> 4,4http://spamaddress.com"

or whatever. Plus I just wanna know what things say, without stripping the colour from everything. I like mIRC having colours, who was it who said IRC is like multi-player notepad again? lol

btk

billythekid
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Quote:
One thing that does annoy me since 6.17(i think(whenever the richtext stuff went in)) is when the fore and background colours are the same you can no longer highlight the 'colour block' to see what the actual text says below it

This has been changed back to the old behaviour in 6.2

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com

Link Copied to Clipboard