mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
Hi everyone...
I need help on a connection problem. I can't connect to any galaxynet servers and keep getting the same k-line message as seen below. I tried dalnet as well but they 'network-banned' me. My friend said I might have been banned because they suspect me of being a carrier of some trojans.. I checked my computer with various anti-virus, including Swat-It, but nothing was infected. Can someone please enlighten me? Thanks..

[ 23:57] *** Connecting to singapore.sg.galaxynet.org (7000)
-
[23:57] -singapore.sg.galaxynet.org- *** Looking up your hostname
-
[23:57] -singapore.sg.galaxynet.org- *** Found your hostname (cached)
-
[23:57] -singapore.sg.galaxynet.org- *** Checking for ident server
-
[23:57] -singapore.sg.galaxynet.org- *** No identification response
-
poison drone.
-
Closing Link: t|nkt0nK[mcns171.docsis131.scvmaxonline.com.sg] by singapore.sg.galaxynet.org (K-lined)
-
[23:57] *** Disconnected

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
The ppl you really need to be talking to are galaxynet, this web page click on "contact us"

The kline could be aimed not specifically at you, but at others within the same ip range. Its also possible that one of the botnets got your ip and is using it in their nasty lil drones. It could also be something in your mask that resembles a known string, like perhaps some combo of letters and numbers or upper and lower case letters, like tHiS^^123@

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
M
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
Thanks! I was so worried about the trojan thing the whole of yesterday night. I tried again this morning and I got connected. I wonder what ever happened to that drone thing. Thanks, though.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
you're welcome. sounds like the kline expired and hopefully it wasnt against you specifically. you did the best thing you could do, ran multiple scans to try to find any trojan you might have had, good for you smile After i answered you, i got to wondering if the fact that they couldnt get an identd response on you had anything to do with it.

if you're interested, DALnet's ezine has had issues with some good info on ways to secure your puter and resources like here

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard