mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
This suggestion is for /echo and /aline (/rline and /iline)... It would be nice if an individual line of text could be font and font-size specific.

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
I wish! I don't see this ever happening though.

N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
Actually not that much more than is what is being done already...The mIRC window types (where text is displayed) is simply a static control. So there is already customized drawing taking place. I think the hardest part would be each line of text could have a different height based on the font size specified for a particular line.

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
While at it... Was just thinking... It would be nice if these commands would also support an option to not just echo to it, but also activate the window (if not already active). Yes, I know this can already be done with two commands, second being "/window -a"; but it would be nice as an option in the echo / aline commands.

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
J
Jae Offline
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
that could easily be done with a quick alias, interesting idea none the less.

Q
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Q
mIRC already supports this, to a degree, with its UTF-8 support - if somebody says something which contains characters that aren't in your current font, it will render them in whatever font the OS recommends.

At least that's what the 6.2 whatsnew.txt said (though I personally observed the same behavior back in 6.17, but only under Windows XP)...

* Quietust, QMT Productions
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Thats like saying eating leftover chicken bones outa a rubbish bin, is like getting a birthday cake.

yes sure there both food, but come on!

J
Jae Offline
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
Quote:
Thats like saying eating leftover chicken bones outa a rubbish bin, ...

I guess that explains kfc's secret ingredients.. I don't see anyway making lots of money off b'day cakes wink

Link Copied to Clipboard