mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Aeron Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
In previous versions mIRC did not steal focus when rejoining channels on reconnect, this is very annoying when i play a game, especially CS:S. i vote for changing it back like in 6.16

100% related to: THIS

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I am unable to reproduce this issue here. I connect to a server, join a channel, switch to the status window, and disconnect. I then reconnect. The focus remains in the status window, even though the existing channel window is automatically rejoined.

Have you tried testing this with a clean install of mIRC to see if it still happens?

A
Aeron Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
Quote:
I am unable to reproduce this issue here. I connect to a server, join a channel, switch to the status window, and disconnect. I then reconnect. The focus remains in the status window, even though the existing channel window is automatically rejoined.

Have you tried testing this with a clean install of mIRC to see if it still happens?

I forgot to mention it steals focus from other programs on reconnect after an time out. And after good reading the other thread i have problems with an other focus problem then discussed in the other thread. I did not test with an clean install but i dont use addon's/scripts that modify settings.

Steps to repoduce:
1 Connect to server
2 Set focus on other program
3 Make mIRC time out some how
4. Wait till mirc reconnects and steals focus

(Don''t slap me :<)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I am still unable to reproduce the issue unfortunately. I connected to a server, joined several channels, set "/timer 1 2 /server" to force a reconnect in 2 seconds, then switched to a different running application. The focus remained in the application even after mIRC connected and rejoined channels. Are you able to reproduce the issue using the above steps with a clean install of mIRC?

A
Aeron Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
I found the way to reproduce the bug!

mIRC steals focus when you time out from an SSL server and mIRC reconnects and rejoins the channels

Steps to reproduce:
1. Fresh mIRC install
2. Set the options:
* Reconnect on disconnection
* Rejoin channel when kicked
* Rejoin channels on connect
* Keep channels open
3. Connect to a SSL server
4. Join a channel
5. Set focus on a other program
6. Get mIRC time out somehow
7. Watch and obey me!

Praise me!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I followed the steps you outlined with a clean install of mIRC and connecting to an SSL server and am still unable to reproduce the issue. Perhaps the way you are making mIRC "time out" is important. Can you reproduce the problem if you use "/timer 1 2 /server" to force mIRC to disconnect and reconnect?

A
Aeron Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
Still testing.

Last edited by Aeron; 25/08/06 07:06 PM.
A
Aeron Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
The command "/timer 1 2 /server" gave the same result.

But i think i got it figured it out now after further testing:
I joined 2 SSL servers, 1 w/ FORCE CHANNEL JOIN and 1 w/o. and it happend with SSL server with FORCE CHANNEL JOIN and on that channel a TOPIC set. So the actual bug is:
mIRC steals focus when rejoining forced-joined channel(s) with an topic set on a SLL server after a reconnect. (Most of the time)

Steps to reproduce:
1. Fresh mIRC install
2. Set the options:
* Reconnect on disconnection
* Rejoin channel when kicked
* Rejoin channels on connect
* Keep channels open
3. Connect to a SSL server which has force-channel-join and on that channel a topic set
4. Set focus on a other program
5. Let mIRC reconnect somehow

In some occasions it doesn't steal focus but in most of the time it does. While testing it totally drove me nuts cause then and now i still don't know when presice when it steals focus or not.

Edit:
Forget what i said it now also steals focus from non-SSL servers and even works on a normal /hop with no topic set.
I give up.

Last edited by Aeron; 25/08/06 08:19 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard