mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#155224 04/08/06 04:28 PM
L
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
L
Ok, now that we have Treeviews, how about making the Script editor treeview enabled too? This way, we could effectively get rid of the tabs for Popups, remotes and aliases. If treeview was enabled, it would (sake of argument):

1) Create a treeview on either right or left size (choosable by us) and would of course have the lists of Aliases popups and Remotes. It would also allow us to see users lists and variables as well which would wipe out the need for the tabs all together.
2) By clicking on the proper menu item, it would of course allow us to view the scripts underneath by name.
2a) if we wanted to, we could list them by titleonly and not title.ext
3) If enabeled, would get rid of the View option from the Menubar because we would no longer need it
4) Also, allow us to choose the size of the treeview space to be 1) user defined 2) size equal to longest filename
5) something else that could be done with this is to support drag and drop ordering, the curreent ordering method, and also institute a new order method which is "auto order" with a checkbox to perform it "on close"

Just some ideas I came up with that could make mirc even better than it is now smile

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Good idea. I'd much prefer a treeview to menus.

L
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
L
Yeah, it would be nice to have. Would make switching back and forth a bit easier than it is now as well as being a natural progression of mirc into the treeview compatibility that is going on now smile

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
I love it!

Khaled, if you plan to add this please let me know (we already bumped heads on the treeview switchbar thing)... I am planning on writing a script editor enhancment DLL and want to add this idea to the project. But if you're going to do it, I'll wait... wink

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Would be a pretty cool feature.

Live to Dream & Dream for Life
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Yes definatly agreed smile

PS:
Khaled please support TAB key indenting in the editor itself, or on enter indent appropiatly smile

$maybe
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:
Khaled please support TAB key indenting in the editor itself, or on enter indent appropiatly smile

I would sooooo love that. ^^

What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
that's the best idea i've read for days.

would be able to clean up the scripts without space space space space-ing or hitting the "bracket mis-match" wink button.

btk

billythekid
J
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
J
Treebars! the way of future it seems :P~

If only women came with popup menus and online help.

Link Copied to Clipboard