and when i tape /channel it shows me
"éééééééééé"

that's all

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
/join #éééééééééééé
/channel (in that channel, works fine for me)

It does appear that some people are have problems with seeing the correct characters. I have got to say, I have not experienced any problems seeing any characters. I also have not been able to reproduce any of the bugs. Any anyone supply more details to replacate bugs?

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Which font are you using for that window? Do you have the UTF-8 or SJIS/JIS settings enabled? If you disable them does the same thing happen?

Attila Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Quote:
Which font are you using for that window? Do you have the UTF-8 or SJIS/JIS settings enabled? If you disable them does the same thing happen?

i have the verdana font, sjis disabled, "display and encode" for utf8. When i type "/channel" and write something in the topic with accents like "é",then close the windows, retype /channel , i got some strange characters in the edit box

Last edited by Attila; 08/08/06 01:32 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Right, it's displaying those characters in the channel central dialog topic box? This is because the text has been UTF-8 encoded. Dialogs in mIRC are unable to display unicode text at this time, they display only plain text. It will take quite a bit of work to enable this type of unicode support into mIRC and may only be viable if I convert mIRC as a whole to a unicode application.

Attila Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
ok thanx

Z
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Z
is this planed for next versions ?

Link Copied to Clipboard