mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Pomax Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
P
when mirc reconnects to a server, and joins channels, it will automatically change focus from whatever other status or channel window you are in to the new channel.

problematically, this also happens when mirc is set to reconnect and rejoin with "keep channels open" turned on - with this option turned on, the fact that focus is moved to windows that already exist could be considered a bug - there is no "new" window being created - or a feature, but as a feature it interrupts whatever you are doing on IRC to call your attention to a disconnect that doesn't matter because you told mirc to rejoin open channels open anyway.

I would like to recommend changing the behaviour so that if the "keep channels open" option is selected, rejoining them on a reconnect does not interrupt use-flow.

- Pomax

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Do these channels exist in your 'mirc favorites'?, if so make sure the 'minimize on join' option for said channels is selected.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
An Option to not focus on the newest rejoin/window open would be wonderful.

Live to Dream & Dream for Life
M
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
M
Omen, that would be silly, that would mean that even for channels that someone will only be in for a few hours for a support question or a file transfer or something would need to mark these clearly non-favourite channels as favourite =)

My suggestion was an "expected behaviour" feature, not really related to the status of a channel to a user (or to mirc); a reconnect with "keep channels open" and "rejoin channels upon reconnect" turned on does not need to pull the user into all the channels that he or she rejoins, preventing them from talking in a channel they were talking in when the reconnect occurs until all the channels have been rejoined.

the number of times I was typing something and suddently got pulled into several different channels while typing is high... you then need to backtrack through all the channels and remove the text that you inadvertently ended up typing fragmented over several channels, which is actually quite undesirable behaviour.

In this scenario the fact that all the switchbar buttons/treebar entries will light up should be enough of an indication that something just happened, leaving it up to the user to decide to check whether it's something that needs to be dealt with (which typically is not the case) or whether they don't care about that particular server/channelset at the moment because they're active somewhere else

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
My post was just a guess and suggestion, based on the fact that i was unable to reproduce (nor have i ever noticed) the behavior myself.

I use reconnect on disconnect, rejoin channels, and keep channels open, and have never experienced the focus changing upon reconnect or kick/rejoin etc. However this is also regardless of weather the channel is in favorites or not and any settings that may accompany that. In any case i still think maybe there is some setting or something else in your client or scripts contributing.

Last edited by Om3n; 09/08/06 01:17 PM.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
A
Babel fish
Babel fish
A
i would consider this as an bug, in previous versions mIRC did not steal focus when rejoining channels on reconnect, this is very annoying when i play a game, especially CS:S. i vote for changing it back like in 6.16

Link Copied to Clipboard