mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
i am an administrator and would like to kline users on coonect but i cannot figure out how to resolve thier host name.. this is to keep script kiidies out.

example connect ident must be java.. otherwise kline.

(08:47pm) [Server Notice] *** Notice -- Client connecting on port 7000: Flyysexyandkool (java@XXXXX.179.202.68.cfl.res.rr.com)

the code that i have that is not working:

on *:snotice:*Client connecting*:{ if [email]java@*[/email] !isin $10 /kline $10 you are not welcome here | /invite $9 #teens }

For everything else, there's MasterCard.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Code:
 on *:snotice:*client connecting*: $iif(java !isin $left($right($10,-1),-1),kline $v2,invite $9 #teens)

The reason yours isn't working, is due to the parantheses around the host address, which are included in $10, but make it directly unusable for your purposes.

B
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
this seems like it will work, how ever i need to know how i can reslove the users hostname before it klines... now its klining but its klining XXXX.adjsdg.asdkh3124.com

it is not banning the users because of the XXXXX and the most preferable way to kline would be 86.187.67.*

any help?

sorry also, woudl there be a way to kline if the ctcp version send a reply. java doesnt reply and i dont want script kiddies to have access to mirc? any help will be greatly appreciated! thank you in advance!

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
there are other clients which also do not send a reply though, some of which are scriptable...

btk

billythekid
B
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
right now i am only worried about mirc. can anybody help me with these two requests?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This is only tested with UnrealIRCd 3.2
Code:
 on *:snotice:*client connecting:*:{
  if java !isin $10 {
    .enable #no.java.whois
    .whois $9
    kline %kline 
  }
  else {
    invite $9 #teens
  }
}
#no.java.whois off
raw 378:*:{
  set %kline $gettok($iif(!$7,$6,$7),1--1,46) $+ .*
  haltdef
}
raw 318:*:{
  .disable #no.java.whois
  haltdef
}
#no.java.whois end

As to the CTCP version request, that isn't really feasible, due to the fact that someone could script a CTCP version response that says java.

Quite frankly, I find it kind of interesting that you're asking for help on an mIRC forum for a script (which presumably will be used in mIRC) that will disallow people using mIRC from chatting on your network. Heck, never mind interesting, try contradictory.

B
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
that doesnt work on my software.. it didnt even give me an error frown thank you for the code though, any other suggestions? it is not contradictory, i want to run a java only chat server... i am using mirc to prevent other people from using it on my server, and i thought this was the mirc board? i must have been mistaken.. i need help with mirc, sorry if this whole concept seems weird to you, however this is what i need. if anyone can help any further i would appreciate it. thank you in advance!

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
As I said, that does work on UnrealIRCd 3.2
If that's not what you're using, then I'm unable to assist any further.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This is a mIRC help forum, but generally people come here for help in using mIRC, not trying to find ways of keeping mIRC from being used.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
seems to be that you have confused mIRC ( a client for chatting on the IRC) with IRC (the connection protocols to chat over networked computers)
possibly you can talk to the coders of the IRC demon you use and see if there is a way to write in the restriction (I believe you can retrict the host and the user in the conf settup)

Link Copied to Clipboard